GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
How tall are you and how do you like the ergos compared to stock with the Driven bar and how is the wind, with and without the Rox risers? Also, which riser did you get as they make an extended stem version? Debating whether or not to keep the supermoto-centric Street Low as I wouldn't mind a bit more sweep.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I'm 5'11", ergos aren't hugely different from stock, maybe just a little more uncomfortable over long distances without the risers, although I have done a 6 hour 400 mile ride with the Driven bar and no riser and my back only started to complain towards the end of it. Tough to really say how the wind compares to stock, but I will say the Driven bar on it's own certainly seems to put you in a better position to deal with the wind than with the Rox risers. I always have a Puig screen on when I use the risers and it seems to be no less windy than the Driven bar on it's own with no screen. The Rox risers I have are the 1R-P2PPK model.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm 5'11", ergos aren't hugely different from stock, maybe just a little more uncomfortable over long distances without the risers, although I have done a 6 hour 400 mile ride with the Driven bar and no riser and my back only started to complain towards the end of it. Tough to really say how the wind compares to stock, but I will say the Driven bar on it's own certainly seems to put you in a better position to deal with the wind than with the Rox risers. I always have a Puig screen on when I use the risers and it seems to be no less windy than the Driven bar on it's own with no screen. The Rox risers I have are the 1R-P2PPK model.
Looks like the Street Low might be slightly lower than the SBK. Rolled back to zero, just enough comfortable clearance not to squish or graze the thumbs with thick winter gloves.

Not exactly the same angles, but a general sense.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the Driven SBK bar on mine, it's about 30mm lower than the stock bar, anything lower and you will start running into issues with the bar hitting the tank fairing when at full lock. One nice thing about running this bar is that it allows you to use a 2" Rox Riser without having to lengthen any cables, so you can run it low for track days and canyon runs, and then put on the risers for longer rides to get a little more comfort, only takes a few minutes to switch between the two. Here are some pics of my bike with the Driven bar and no riser to give you an idea of what it looks like.
Great info/pics! My bike had rizoma bars when I bought it and I’ve been struggling to get them in a good position for track. This looks like what I’ve been looking for. Do you know what position you had them set for in your track pic (0, -1, -2 ??).
Also, just for curiosity, what tires do you run for track and any pros/cons?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great info/pics! My bike had rizoma bars when I bought it and I’ve been struggling to get them in a good position for track. This looks like what I’ve been looking for. Do you know what position you had them set for in your track pic (0, -1, -2 ??).
Also, just for curiosity, what tires do you run for track and any pros/cons?

I keep the bar set around +1 (rolled forward). I've been running Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's on street and track, just because I had a set lying around when I bought the bike. They're decent all around, warm up reasonably quick, when the rear end steps out it does so gradually, usable in the wet, nothing really special though. I'll probably switch to something else once I finish the current set off.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I keep the bar set around +1 (rolled forward). I've been running Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's on street and track, just because I had a set lying around when I bought the bike. They're decent all around, warm up reasonably quick, when the rear end steps out it does so gradually, usable in the wet, nothing really special though. I'll probably switch to something else once I finish the current set off.
Thanks, I’m gonna try those bars this spring.
I’m running the same 2CT tires you’re running and have a new rear to go on for next track day. After that one I’ll be trying something else, maybe Q3/Q4, but Michelin PPs are doing pretty good for my level of riding.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts