GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I saw the Youtube review of the Vagabond kit - it looks like really nice quality. I went with Yoshimura because it looks like it holds the plate a little more vertical. Either way the stock fender looks like $#@! and they're both an improvement.

·
Registered
158 Posts
No rain today!? ;) I like the look too, I'm just afraid of the splash protection under rain, as some others have mentioned with "short" fender eliminators.I don't typically ride under rain, but I sometimes can't avoid when you leave for a few days ride..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the vagabond as well.... you can make a small extender by cutting up the stock fender and bolting it on..takes about 5 mins and will keep your back dry. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
OK see what you did there thanks might be a good fix to implement.
Was out riding near Lancaster SC yesterday, and rode about 10 miles of wet road right after a storm came through. I was going between 30-50 mph most of the time,and my back stayed dry.

From time to time I check my tail light (and the painted plastics around it) for stone chips, chain lube, etc..... nothing so far. I think it sticks out just far enough to do the job.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That's nice, find me a UK stockist and I may consider it.

On the other hand. I'd prefer to support a British business and also I know their other products are good quality.

chicken george
Evotech products are very high quality and sold all over the world. I have their products on all my bikes. I buy direct from evotech even though I am in the US. I get 10% discount and free shipping when I deal with Garry. I have the evotech tail tidy and I am happy to take a photo for you. You want the photo with my tag on? I have a US tag, so it may not be what you are looking for.

I would never consider anything but the vagabond.
The Vagabond is a great deal and seem to be high quality. But not really in the same league as evotech products.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I would never consider anything but the vagabond.
After having a Yoshimura on my last bike. Well, it was very high quality, but now... I would never consider anything but leave it stock, I don't want mud all over everything.
Hey LEAVEITSTOCK, did you hear that? :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Evotech products are very high quality and sold all over the world. I have their products on all my bikes. I buy direct from evotech even though I am in the US. I get 10% discount and free shipping when I deal with Garry. I have the evotech tail tidy and I am happy to take a photo for you. You want the photo with my tag on? I have a US tag, so it may not be what you are looking for.
It's just to get an idea of the angle of the number plate/tag.

I really can't decided whether to get one or not. I'll be riding in all weather and can't decided if functionality overcomes looks with regards to the tail tidy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts