GSXS 1000 Forum banner

FI light 2019 model Holeshot package

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Srad749 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I am just about to pull the trigger on a new bike. I want to install Holeshot’s complete package but if I can’t get rid of the FI light it will make me crazy and will be a deal breaker. Richard at Dynojet said their O2 optimizer, part# 66391258 will solve this problem.

Has anyone had a similar set up and had success with the 2018-2019 models? I like Holeshot’s products and had great results with my Mk1 B12 and his products. Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

#2 ·
I have used and still use Holeshot for a lot of product and advice. To the best of my knowledge, the only way way to kill the FI light with this setup on the 2018 & 2019 is to flash the ECU shutting off the O2 Sensor. Check out Dano's (ECU Flashing) for mail in flashing services - many here have used him. This is not an issue on the 2016 & 2017 models.

#4 ·
The package comes complete with the 02 eliminator which will fix the error. Unless i'm missing something it shouldn't matter that its a 2019. All years produce an error if the
02 sensor is removed. Your options then are to install an 02 eliminator eg. Healtech servo eliminator, or via an ECU flash. Both are effective.

#9 ·
Do not confuse the Servo eliminator (for Exhaust Valve Actuator) with the O2 eliminator (for O2 sensor).

If you pull out / unplug the O2 sensor, you get the FI light. The O2 eliminator worked great on the '16 & '17. If you recall, in 2018 Suzuki re-programmed the ECU to help with the throttle snatch, and then in '19 added their version of a Throttle Tamer. As of last fall, the O2 eliminator did not disable the FI indicator on the '18 & '19 re-programmed ECU for whatever reason. It is certainly possible the O2 eliminator has been updated in the past 5 or 6 months to correct this.

#12 ·
So I have a 2016. Currently installing arrow headers, pc5, Auto tune, healtech servo eliminator, pair valve delete, & healtech pair system eliminator. Do I need anything else to ensure no warning lights? Im Worried about leaving the factory o2 plug unplugged. Is an o2 eliminator or optimizer also needed? New to the forum here and still haven't stumbled upon a definitive answer. Thanks!

#13 ·
PC5 comes with o2 eliminator, on the 2016 bike it's just a resistor. The 2018+ bikes now have an O2 simulator which is a box of tricks to fool the ECU which was what everyone in this thread didn't have available when the discussion happened earlier this year:

Reactions: frog4aday
#15 ·
I have just fitted my pcv from my 15 to my new 19, i did it all exactly the same, including unpluging the 02 sensor and replacing it with the eliminator plug.
5 minutes down the rad and the f1 light came on, c44 error for the 02!
I guess this is why the '18 &'19 PCV are £20 more expensive.
OK, going to get it turned off this weekend with a flash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.