GSXS 1000 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,375 Posts
Look after your health as much as you can and I am hoping you get the help you need asap to be able to enjoy your riding and the bike. Like a lot of us as we get old, we start to have issues. My both shoulders have been done, one was 2 times, then had about 8 umbilical hernias meshed a stiffed back now the right knees is slowly getting worst but time will tell. As long as I wake up warm and above the ground each day it is a bonus for me.
Take care we are all with you and thinking of you.
I better not go on too long with this thread hijack, suffice to say I'm with you on the three shoulder ops and loads of other stuff, thanks for your thoughts.

Reactions: Geoff C

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Thanks lads hopefully its just getting older and I shake it off soon. Had an x-ray today but hopefully its all clear, lady said have you had an op on that knee its full of staples :LOL: I said 30 years ago I had a full pcl reconstruction !!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Footballer (Soccer) had a one on one with a keeper, chipped ball over him (nice goal) he slid into my planted leg and it went sorta backwards !! Took 5 years to sort finally had a donor ligament weaved back in which was pretty new in them days. Never been the same since but it was better than my lower leg being loose which it was !!

I've had all sorts of bikes except Ducati mainly as I don't have full movement back of my leg, I'm finding the pegs on the GT a little higher than most of the nakeds I've recently had, hopefully when the swelling goes its ok.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That's a tough break, Shurm. But I get it...we were young, we were invincible (to say nothing of immortal) and we didn't worry about what our activities might do to us later in life. I've got a bunch of running injuries that aren't disabling, but are annoying, and a lower back that I hurt from too many years riding superbikes with those low, aggressive clip-ons. But we soldier on...there is no alternative!

·
Registered
GSX-S750Z - GSX-S1000GT
16 Posts
Grüezi guys! I've been on read only mode for a while but as my GT arrived yesterday I want to share my experiences and blabla with you now. Only did some 50km on the new bike but I can tell its absolutely fantastic 🤩
First things first I changed the slip on, not because of the sound, but because I didnt like the look of the original one. I will go to Blackforest in Germany for the weekend to get some km done and do the first service by end of next week.
Next, the seats go to the saddler before I will go for a 4000km tour through Italy with my pillion in June. Will keep you up to date if youre interested. Just go on if you have any questions

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats and love to have some photos of what you do with the seat so if your saddler can share some along with any info he may have of the process. Nice to see you actually got your bags /cases with the bike I know a lot of them are on backorder here in Australia.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Well day off strapped my knee up and went out for a decent ride, had to stop every 30 mins to stretch my knee.
Did about 50 mile up to Settle via Barley back of Pendle Hill, Sawley, Gisburn Forest, Bowland Fell.

Everything is working fine, Sat Nav is great with Sygic and music playing as well, loving it can't wait to have my knee sorted.
Sky Wheel Cloud Tire Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Fuel tank

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Plant

Tire Cloud Wheel Land vehicle Sky

·
Registered
GSX-S750Z - GSX-S1000GT
16 Posts
Nice pics Shurm! one question, have you already figured out how the heated grips work (if you have them installed).... I just manage to turn them on and off but dont know if there are 1, 2, 3, or more modes?

101 - 120 of 142 Posts