GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Finally Arrived GT !! S11URM Thread Now

17K views 177 replies 19 participants last post by  chriskarn96 
#1 ·
Hi everyone just thought I'd post in here I've put some posts in the GSXS Pictures bit but thought I'd put something here.

Got the bike Thursday, If anyone wants to know anything just ask, its been worth the wait !!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Cloud Vehicle

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank

See less See more
#4 ·
Only done about 100 miles but its comfy, easy enough to manoeuvre and switchgear and levers are easy and light.
Not noticed any real wind noise that's annoying, seems to protect your body fine and deflects the air to your neck and above, trying to run it in so not done high speed constant miles yet just local runs going through the gears with a few spirited accelerations :LOL:

#7 ·
Hey Shrum,
Congratulations from Geoff in Newcastle NSW Australia. I have just joined the forum and look forward to it. being an active member. I have had many bikes over the years from Kawasakis, Honda`s and BMW`s ,I am 67 years old and do casual work at a local dealership and have yet to see one of these in person. We are expecting 2 soon. The first 2 shipments are sold out in Australia and Suzuki was not taking any more orders. I placed an order through our dealership during the week on the GT with the Panniers. They are called the Panorama here if they have the luggage, if not just the GT. I ordered the Triton Blue but don't expect to see mine until the first 1/4 of 2023 I hope the bike is everything that all the Journalists as saying it is. The price represents great value and if the comfort level is close to my last bike a BMW R1200RT then, I am going to love the bike. Most of my ride days are around 600 klms. So the comfort side is the dealbreaker for me.
Cheers and thanks to the members for excepting my membership, I look forward to enjoying the forum and learning from you guys.
Last, of all I look forward to hearing what your thoughts are once you have done a few more klms/ miles on your wonderful bike and a big congratulations.

Kind regards
Geoff
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

#8 ·
Hey, Geoff: You sound like you're in a similar situation as me. I'm a current and former BMW owner and 75 years old. My current ride is a '17 S1000RR. I want more comfort now. Had a BMW F800GT, but it's underpowered (though it did have belt drive, which was really nice when cleaning chains becomes a bore).

Have great hopes for the Suzuki...expecting mine in June (just put deposit down...dealer only getting one, and it's mine).

#9 ·
I hope it is the bike all the media have said it is. After owning BMW GTLs and RTs I am hoping it can live up to the same comfort level as the BMW does. I am not concerned about the engine etc as the Japanese make great handing and reliable bikes. The S1000RR is a fantastic bike with lots of power so I am sure you will notice a big change, my issue with any of the sports bikes these days is leaning forward and putting too much pressure on my wrist and neck by looking up. I look forward to seeing your new bike and what your thoughts are. By the way, I am 5`6`` high and 74 kg. I am hoping the bike is what I think it will be for me being a short vertically chanllenged sort of guy lol. :unsure::rolleyes:

#19 ·
Well went out again today did about 80 mile, did a bit on the Motorway just to use the cruise control and it worked fine, press the Cruise button on the right switchgear then presst SET on the left one, you could then use the SET/RES buttons to increase/decrease the speed.

I've had a bit of knee pain recently I had PCL operation 30 years ago and it plays up now and again, I noticed today my knees are quite high compared to the last few naked bikes I've had and I was a bit uncomfortable on the ride but it could be just getting used to the bike and the extra width as well compared to the nakeds I've had.

The display played up a bit had Maps on from Apple Maps and it just froze straight after setting off and the MySpin screen was just frozen with this on. Music played fine through the App but I'd recommend making some Playlists as choosing songs/artists etc whilst on the move is very hard as its all chosen by alphabetically grouped lists.

If your on the MySpin Screen I could go back to the main info screen but if your moving you can't go back to the Nav in the MySpin screen so you can't select different music, you have to be stopped I think to access MySpin from the main display.

Pairing up is a bit lengthy as well waiting for the wifi on the bike so you can access MySpin you have to sit there waiting till its done before you set off in case it doesn't work and you have to put your phone on auto lock never, I did know this that's why I bought the tank bag so I can always charge it on the move otherwise you battery will take a pounding.

Once I got off the Motorway I headed towards Kirby Lonsdale and on to Settle the power from the engine was fantastic and brought a real grin, I effortlessly passed lines of traffic and it was very staple and felt planted all the time. The twisty bends were good fun and just backing off the throttle seemed enough to scrub some speed off perhaps I wasn't' going fast enough haha.

Wind blast was fine and I only had a mesh jacket on with a thermal lining and kevlar jeans so did get a bit cold but thought I'd be too hot with my textile suit on as it was sunny when I set off and I wasn't planning on going as far as I did.

Fuel light came on near the end and seemed pretty accurate I got it down to 5 miles left before finding a petrol station, I put £25 quid in and it wasn't full. Managed 150 miles from full but this has been Motorway speeds and giving it some on the roads back home.

Felt a slight vibration from one of the footpegs but not sure agin if it was because my knee was playing up. Never felt anything through the bars all the ride.

Switchgear all seemed fine and is easy to use once you've figured out what does what.

Quickshifter was brilliant with no dramas.

Did stall again at a junction which I thought you couldn't really do ?

I'll get out again at weekend hopefully but I am working, it would be good to see what its like without the knee playing up.

#20 ·
Thanks for the update Shurm! I've decided to proceed with a dedicated GPS unit on my bike and use the MySpin only in emergencies (like forgetting the GPS unit). :)
I'm moving to north eastern Oklahoma next month so there will be some new roads to travel once I get my GT+. Looking forward to being closer to north western Arkansas were some good mountain roads are.

I saw a YouTube video today that one dealer recommended the Sygic navigation app based on information from Suzuki (maybe from experience from the press demo rides). Not sure.

#25 ·
Yeah I saw that I'll give it a go, the novelty of the MySpin App is wearing off already [emoji38]

I need to test someone ringing me whilst on the main screen, whether it comes up with who it is or not as you can't flick to the MySpin App whilst on the move.
That's really too bad the myspin isn't working well. That was a feature for me in getting this bike because I'm sick of having a GPS mounted. Do you mean my cell phone screen needs to remain on for myspin to work? What the heck... lol try the Sygic app and let us know how it works please :)

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Hey Shurm, Thanks for the updates on your bike's performance etc. Being a first-year with the bike new software etc should be able to be sorted and who knows maybe just a firmware update soon to fix any niggles. Thanks for the great review also I am hoping all this will be sorted by the time my bike turns up next year. Not just for me, but for all of us. As dhale said I too saw that you need to use aftermarket nav like Sygic funny I won't see my bike until around 2023 and already uploaded that app to get used to it in my car.

#31 ·
I will be using one of my Quad Lock and Ram combinations the one I love the best is the Quad Lock with the vibration dampening and Ram Extension Arm. Far better than the Ram Claw mounts that are nowhere near as secure as a Quad Lock mount and Quad Lock case with the added phone protection. I use the Cardo Packtalk Bold and a USB charge point and this works fine as a combination to fit almost any bike and bike bars etc.
Just some I have had on all of my bikes over the last few years lol.
Light Motor vehicle Hood Mobile phone Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Steering wheel
Automotive tire Font Wood Recreation Electric blue
Plant Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

#33 ·
Been working today but gone for. quick 30 minute blast round some local back roads. Got bike out and started it up only to see the engine light remain on and it come up Fi Fail on dash ? Turned it off and back on and it stayed on but was running ok so off I went. Used the other Mapping Sygic seemed ok but no real different than the Apple Maps I'd used before really and I still couldn't go back to the Maps or anything in MySpin if you had gone to the bikes main screen so that must be a feature. So if you want to use the Nav or change your music etc don't go back to that main screen otherwise you have to stop to get the MySpin screen back on.

I can press play on my phone for the music to start before I set off so I don't think I'll go into the MySpin App much unless I need directions somewhere or like others have said just mount your phone and use the Nav !!

The bike accelerates and handles really well and a few people in town gave me thumbs up as I gave it a bit, it certainly sounds well I don't think you need an aftermarket exhaust on this bike.

I'll keep my eye on the engine light but it did happen before and the next time I started it it was gone ?

#39 ·
Its my Birthday Today and I'm off work (y)

So just given the bike a clean and I'll get out this afternoon.

Took the bike off its paddock stand today without switching the ignition on, backed it out of the garage and turned it around. Then sat on it and switched ignition on and no Fi light so I'll do that in future see if it helps.

Most admit it looks a stunning bike so I glad I got one.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive parking light Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.