GSXS 1000 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 126 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
Right good news !!!

If your on the move and you come out of the MySpin App you can go back into it by holding the BACK BUTTON few a second or so and not the OK BUTTON you usually use whilst stationary !! Bonkers but at least to works 馃槅

Tried the different Maps Revo was ok but that was the one programme I couldn't get back out of once it was running, you could return to the bikes main screen but not back to MySpim Menu ?

Tried the Apple Maps and I had set that up on my phone before but it didn't carry the route to the bike ? Bit fiddly doing it all on the bike really. Lets you return to the MySpin menu though.

Sygic was good and showed the road speed for that road which the others didn't I could also come out of the App ok back to the MySpin App menu so maybe this will be the best one ?

I'll have to set some routes up on it I suppose, only downside tonight was the Fi light appeared again and won't go off but the bike runs fine.

Registered
You should definitely reconsider that. I had to use my toolkit last summer. I was riding (my other bike, not my suzuki) and suddenly the bike wouldn't shift any more. I stopped and discovered that the bolt on the shifter link rod had backed out, not all the way but most of the way. I whipped out my toolkit and tightened the screw and then the bike shifted properly again. When I got home I added a bit of loctite to that screw. I have roadside assistance so I could have called for a tow, but why wait who knows how long for a tow truck when I could fix it myself in 5 minutes? I don't know what you think you're accomplishing by removing the toolkit, it takes up a negligible amount of space under the seat and weighs very little. In addition to the toolkit I always carry a tire plug kit and a small air compressor, never needed them yet but if I ever do I'd prefer to fix a flat myself than call for a tow.
I will. I guess me traveling around near home always I would of just got an uber home and brought my trailer back to my bike. but since I do intend on going longer distances, will need to learn how to do all this on the fly.

Registered
Right good news !!!

If your on the move and you come out of the MySpin App you can go back into it by holding the BACK BUTTON few a second or so and not the OK BUTTON you usually use whilst stationary !! Bonkers but at least to works 馃槅

Tried the different Maps Revo was ok but that was the one programme I couldn't get back out of once it was running, you could return to the bikes main screen but not back to MySpim Menu ?

Tried the Apple Maps and I had set that up on my phone before but it didn't carry the route to the bike ? Bit fiddly doing it all on the bike really. Lets you return to the MySpin menu though.

Sygic was good and showed the road speed for that road which the others didn't I could also come out of the App ok back to the MySpin App menu so maybe this will be the best one ?

I'll have to set some routes up on it I suppose, only downside tonight was the Fi light appeared again and won't go off but the bike runs fine.
That FI light has a code you can pull from the service plug located under rear seat. If it is like the past Suzuki's (which I'm banking it is) a paper clip jumped between the two outter pins will throw the code number up onto the dash. Then you just need a service manual to go find what it is. Only hitch in this is you cannot cut the bike off while FI light is on or else it typically goes away until the next time the error pops up. Unless the FI light is staying on constantly then yes go pull the code. 100% needs looking into even though you think the bike is running normal it could simply be in a fail safe mode..

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
That FI light has a code you can pull from the service plug located under rear seat. If it is like the past Suzuki's (which I'm banking it is) a paper clip jumped between the two outter pins will throw the code number up onto the dash. Then you just need a service manual to go find what it is. Only hitch in this is you cannot cut the bike off while FI light is on or else it typically goes away until the next time the error pops up. Unless the FI light is staying on constantly then yes go pull the code. 100% needs looking into even though you think the bike is running normal it could simply be in a fail safe mode..
The new models do not have the same diagnostic connector unfortunately, it is this thing.
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Reactions: roy826

Registered
FFS crank angle sensor gone !! Getting back to me about availability :(

Probably explains the stalling and recent non starting.
That is an odd thing to be going out so soon. Is it located in a vulnerable area? possibly a PDI/setup issue where it was bumped or hit coming out of the crate? Just trying to grasp why it went bad so soon. Hope the part isn't as hard to get as the bike. Keep us updated.

EDIT: did some research seems Suzuki has had issues in the past of the connector pins on the electrical plugs backing out and that sensor was one of the culprits. Might be simply not plugged in enough and pins not making contact will throw the same code and same symptoms. Could mention to the shop about that. Bet they didn't bother to look deeper once they read the code. I mean the bike was assembled/built recently and humans built it on an assembly line, things can/will happen.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
That is an odd thing to be going out so soon. Is it located in a vulnerable area? possibly a PDI/setup issue where it was bumped or hit coming out of the crate? Just trying to grasp why it went bad so soon. Hope the part isn't as hard to get as the bike. Keep us updated.

EDIT: did some research seems Suzuki has had issues in the past of the connector pins on the electrical plugs backing out and that sensor was one of the culprits. Might be simply not plugged in enough and pins not making contact will throw the same code and same symptoms. Could mention to the shop about that. Bet they didn't bother to look deeper once they read the code. I mean the bike was assembled/built recently and humans built it on an assembly line, things can/will happen.

Yeah cheers mate, it must of been faulty or loose from the start as the light came on pretty early and the first real ride it did stall on a tight bend as I knocked it into first which I thought wasn't right.

Said they would get back to me today about availability etc, hopefully they can get the part quickly.

Registered
Yeah cheers mate, it must of been faulty or loose from the start as the light came on pretty early and the first real ride it did stall on a tight bend as I knocked it into first which I thought wasn't right.

Said they would get back to me today about availability etc, hopefully they can get the part quickly.
Is this on the 2022 model? Nooooo

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
I believe it's called the CKP sensor item 20.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust

Registered
I would trace the wire coming from it back up to where it plugs into the main harness. Chances are it is not fully seated there being the thing was just built.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
Well you'd hope they would check that and the parts not available till next week ..... brill

Basically this bikes not been right since day one when it cut out on me on a tight u bend God knows what would have happened if I'd gone down, would have been my fault !! The light first came on the 2nd day I had it but did go off but now its on permanently. Then this morning it took 6-7 attempts to start with nothing happening its done it the odd time before but everything has just got worse.

Not happy written to Suzuki lost confidence in the bike they can keep it till I hear back.

Registered
Sounds exactly like a bad connection causing intermittent issue. That connection probably is visible with the tank lifted. A sensor is a simple part nothing mechanical in it. Just makes contact when the crank contact spins past it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
They want to fit a new one in case it is faulty, left the bike with them told Suzuki I ain't happy, parts meant to be in next week. If its not fixed by then I'll take it further its not been right since day one really.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Been in there 9 days now they have checked the sensor air gap ? and it was out of tolerance so they altered it but the light still came back on,now waiting on a replacement part. Could have picked it up today if it was ready I'm not off now till next Saturday !!

61 - 80 of 126 Posts