GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall I moved from Montana where the winters are endless to the very mild climate of sw Oregon. One thing I was looking forward to was the ability to ride all year long......and to buy a new s1000f. Well I found a we'll priced one and pulled the trigger. Here's a pic. I've been out on it consistently since I brought it home about a month ago. So much easier to ride than my k1300s...so much fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Welcome Aboard!
Not quite able to ride all year In the UK but I’ve managed to get out a few times this year. Still
Lovin it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome! I've loved my F for every one of the 22,000 miles so far, And while I could ride all year in Florida, I tend to sit out love bug season.

Suzuki made a great bike in the GSX-S1000F.

Montana is gorgeous, but I've only seen it briefly and that was in summer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Last fall I moved from Montana where the winters are endless to the very mild climate of sw Oregon. One thing I was looking forward to was the ability to ride all year long......and to buy a new s1000f. Well I found a we'll priced one and pulled the trigger. Here's a pic. I've been out on it consistently since I brought it home about a month ago. So much easier to ride than my k1300s...so much fun.

SW Oregon . . . . . Luurrrvly ; Beautfiul part of the world (from the pics & MotoVlogs I've seen) Riding there from early spring to late autumn will be wonderful

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Incredible roads here in Oregon. In Montana where I lived there were usually only four choices, and all directions were pretty straight. Here the number and diversity of road choices is great, and most road surfaces are in good shape, oweing to the large tax base and the mild winter climate. The last few years I've been going to the BMW rally in John Day and I can attest to the great riding in eastern Oregon. Montanà is beautiful in the few summer months, so we'll worth the trip if you've never been there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Incredible roads here in Oregon. In Montana where I lived there were usually only four choices, and all directions were pretty straight. Here the number and diversity of road choices is great, and most road surfaces are in good shape, oweing to the large tax base and the mild winter climate. The last few years I've been going to the BMW rally in John Day and I can attest to the great riding in eastern Oregon. Montanà is beautiful in the few summer months, so we'll worth the trip if you've never been there.

Youd hate england , literally need an adventure bike or a dammm good suspenion , too many people EVERYWHERE , with too many cars on roads built by the romans, Europe on the other hand , absoloutely pukka

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have to agree, Radio - there are some sweet roads in Oregon. I'm in Hood River and rode the John Day/Sumpter/Ukiah triangle last summer and really loved it. My favorite stretch of road in the state, however is between Fossil and Antelope.;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need to ride those roads you mentioned this summer. In the past I've come from Montana and love rt 395 between Pendleton and John Day. The roads in and around John day are also very good. I like that there is little vegetation for critters to hide in and very little traffic to worry about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts