GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked her up last Friday. I live on one of the most famous roads in the country, the Panorama Line. Great place to break-in a new bike!

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, great looking bike and it looks like a great place to ride. I have never seen zero miles on a vehicle. Did it come with Roadsmart tires? That's way better than the oem tires on bikes sold in the US.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, great looking bike and it looks like a great place to ride. I have never seen zero miles on a vehicle. Did it come with Roadsmart tires? That's way better than the oem tires on bikes sold in the US.
It's gorgeous around here, especially in summer time. Hardly any cars around at all. I had the dealer swap out OEM tires for Roadsmart with 190/55 rear for about a third of the price of new. Once I have 1,000km done I have a stack of custom parts ready to go on. I was a little nervous on the first ride after reading all the stories of throttle snatch but this bike is as smooth as silk. My other bike is a Mk1 B12 with a short throw throttle and one tooth down in front. That bike can be akin to a bucking bronco on bumpy roads.

Rear shock is total **** and is one of the things being replaced at my 1,000km service. Front forks are too stiff. I have been instructed to keep the rpm no higher than 5,000 until the break-in period is finished so can't comment yet on engine performance. My B12 turns faster but the ass is jacked up with an Ohlins shock and the front is lower with GSXR1100 upside down forks, making the geometry much more nimble. We've been together 12 years so my ride experience on the new bike is in direct comparison.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Roadsmart tires stock?

Did it come with Roadsmart tires? That's way better than the oem tires on bikes sold in the US.
Ha! I had the same question when I saw them, too, Rusty. Flywalker is wise! Got the dealer to swap out the crap D204's right off the bat. Genius. Now about that rear shock (it IS crap!) Wilbers? K-Tech? Wonder what is most available in Japan?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did it come with Roadsmart tires? That's way better than the oem tires on bikes sold in the US.
Ha! I had the same question when I saw them, too, Rusty. Flywalker is wise! Got the dealer to swap out the crap D204's right off the bat. Genius. Now about that rear shock (it IS crap!) Wilbers? K-Tech? Wonder what is most available in Japan?
Threw the K-Tech on because it goes with my colour scheme. Online shopping is awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
I saw new SV650's are coming with Road smart tires when at the dealer. Crazy the GSXS1000 gets the crap tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts