GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do anyone know the torque required for the nuts and bolts on our beauty machine(how tight is tight :p). Just wanted to do my first 1k service by myself, So it would be a great help if i know the specific torque for the nuts and bolts to check in this service. I couldnt find any specified torque for the exhaust nuts on our manual either which we have to check as mentioned in the manual book.
Any valuable input on this would be greatful
Cheers,

P.S i am posting this thread here because of more eye exposure.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The bolts with numbers on have a torque setting setting relative to their size and quite a few settings are in the owners manual. At the moment I'm using the settings for a K5 or L5 for GSX-R until the proper workshop manuals come out.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The bolts with numbers on have a torque setting setting relative to their size and quite a few settings are in the owners manual. At the moment I'm using the settings for a K5 or L5 for GSX-R until the proper workshop manuals come out.
We have manuals in the US.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am more after the exhaust , muffler and chassis bolts and nuts. I couldnt find this on our supplied manual.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am more after the exhaust , muffler and chassis bolts and nuts. I couldnt find this on our supplied manual.
16.5 lbs-ft for exhaust header (this setting applies to a lot of Suzuki's)
18 lbs-ft for muffler support bolt

Image below linked from GSXR.com and it's the settings I'm roughly using.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts