GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All from central NY. Put the first 50 miles on yesterday! Chilly day here but sunny. 50 degrees F. Wow!The bike is a beast!! Coming off an 07 Bandit that I thought was pretty sporty. Very mild mannered compared to my new blue F. That throttle is a hair trigger and must be watched at all times. This will take some getting used to. All I have read of it seems to be true. I backed out a bit of free play and hope it's better for today's ride. I also softened up the preload at both ends. At 150 lbs ,I found it to be pretty stiff at stock settings.
Love the power and the way it makes it. That low end grunt is what I hoped it would be. Fun stuff. That exhaust note is addicting.

This is a MUCH sportier ride than my Bandit.. Hope I don't get in trouble with it. >:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome from the UK. I have also taken out the throttle free play which helped but have got a throttle tamer on order which I hope will help even more. Considering a PC 5 as well but need to save some pennies first! Have fun

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all .. Better ride today. Starting to fell more comfortable on this bike. It can be ridden at a casual pace, then goes like snot when you ask... Throttle tamer sounds like a helpful tool. May go that route if I continue to have trouble.. Just seems difficult to ride smoothly. Otherwise its a sweet ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts