GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you very much to those that posted the pdf shop book file-- THANK YOU !! I had to remove the left fairing and do not think I would have done it without those pics--those rubber holders near the radiator you have to push the fairing in a weird twisting way to remove it from lower back to front-- The reason I had to remove the fairing was - That filter was on so tight I had to use a breaker bar-- !!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway it is done back together and washed and dryed THANKYOU AGIAN__

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank you very much to those that posted the pdf shop book file-- THANK YOU !! I had to remove the left fairing and do not think I would have done it without those pics--those rubber holders near the radiator you have to push the fairing in a weird twisting way to remove it from lower back to front-- The reason I had to remove the fairing was - That filter was on so tight I had to use a breaker bar-- !!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway it is done back together and washed and dryed THANKYOU AGIAN__
Some where on this forum there is a guy that posted photos using a filter removal tool from an auto parts store. It attaches using a socket extension. No need to remove or even loosen the fairing. Doesn't matter how tight the filter was this thing will get it off. I did mine in about 10min. I was sooooo grateful to have found it. Love this forum!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some where on this forum there is a guy that posted photos using a filter removal tool from an auto parts store. It attaches using a socket extension. No need to remove or even loosen the fairing. Doesn't matter how tight the filter was this thing will get it off. I did mine in about 10min. I was sooooo grateful to have found it. Love this forum!!!
could you please find it?? or post a pic for me so I can go buy one-- THANK YOU

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
On mine, the OEM filter installed from the factory wouldn't budge with any of the many (at least 5) different tools I had. I finally had just about tear the think in half to get it off.
I now use the HiFlo Filtro 138RC with the end nut exclusively. I don't even touch the fairing to change my oil and filter (well, I touch it, but just to reach in and grab the filter).

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
My factory installed filter was too tight, this tool just slipped. It does work well for re installing an oem filter though. I had to use the three pronged type removal tool.
I used the both of the kind mentioned, then a strap remover and the strap crushed the oil filter can and tore it open before I finally got it off. :|

1 - 10 of 10 Posts