GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I? First off, I've been riding street 25 years and have probably a half million miles under my belt. I didn't have a car for three years for starters. Pulled into my driveway, drove up the apron to hit my garage door opener and BAM. Down on the muffler side. Didn't even get to catch myself, just ass over tea kettle.

Scarred up end cap on muffler, small abrasion on the engine cover, snapped footpeg, tiny fairing scratches, bar end, and pride.

I touched up the engine cover (can't see it unless I point it out). My fairing scratches are so small you will never see them unless I point it out and you stoop to see it.

Called my Suzuki dealer and he laughed at me. He's a longtime good friend. Long story short I'll have a footpeg and exhaust end cap at my front door on Thursday and a story to tell. I swiped a footpeg off my ninja 300 and while the angle is a little off, I'll still be riding til my parts arrive.

It happens to the best of us....dammit

·
Registered
334 Posts
****. At least it was low speed, and no significant damage to you or the bike. At least you've got this out of the way now. I reckon this means you've got another 25 years of happy riding ahead of you before it happens again...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I've had some doozies. In 2000 I wrapped a superhawk around a mountain and spent 9 days in ICU and months before I could walk more than 100 yards. I high sided a Ducati 900 ss/sp and had a level two shoulder separation. I was hit by a car in 95 and broke my ankle.still chased the car down as they left the scene.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Oh, I've had some doozies. In 2000 I wrapped a superhawk around a mountain and spent 9 days in ICU and months before I could walk more than 100 yards. I high sided a Ducati 900 ss/sp and had a level two shoulder separation. I was hit by a car in 95 and broke my ankle.still chased the car down as they left the scene.
Oh! I thought you meant it was YOUR first off in 25 years. Sounds to me like you should start taking the bus... ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a replacement end cap for $65. That was the only part of the exhaust that was scratched.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ah Bum!:crying:
Nearly did something very simular tonight myself.
Pulled onto the drive, in the dark and wet, touched a patch of mud and the ABS kicked in. Only problem was the brake released when I was two feet in front of the garage door....I nearly drove straight though the bugger:laugh:
Needless to say I missed it by inches but the old sphincter was quivering for a second or too:D
SHan't be doing that again!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I tried to drive around the cars on my driveway through wet grass with TC off. I did a little side kicker that woke me up! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts