GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just the first prang with the bike and it isn't even 3 weeks old! In torrential rain crawling alongside stationary traffic and some **** decided to try to do a u turn at the exact moment I was next to him :mad: Classic SMIDSY. Luckily got away with the impact on the front engine mount so only got a cracked front fairing and a very slightly scuffed engine casing, he got his light, indicator and wing screwed. :) Another bonus point for the naked bike, a faired one would have needed a whole side panel.

In fact the bike is so tough the car bounced off >:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well just the first prang with the bike and it isn't even 3 weeks old! In torrential rain crawling alongside stationary traffic and some **** decided to try to do a u turn at the exact moment I was next to him :mad: Classic SMIDSY. Luckily got away with the impact on the front engine mount so only got a cracked front fairing and a very slightly scuffed engine casing, he got his light, indicator and wing screwed. :) Another bonus point for the naked bike, a faired one would have needed a whole side panel.

In fact the bike is so tough the car bounced off >:D
Not Good !!
At least you and the bike are relativley ok though.
How did he get away with his wing mirror still intact coz im **** sure I would have taken that too >:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Aaaauuwww...sorry to read this...I hope no injuries

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate. Did the police get called?
And I agree SMIDSY's should be dealt with harshly as they are the most pig ignorant of cagers.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah everyone is ok and kept the bike on two wheels. New bit of fairing and an engine cover and it will be good as new luckily.

·
Registered
282 Posts
A litte bit of education needed :)
What is SMIDSY's?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually now the bike has dried out I have had a proper look and basically just a very small crack in the lower part of the radiator cowling, broken bottom clip and a light scuff across the lhs engine cover.

Happy with that considering he will need a new wing, respray, headlight and indicator! :)

Probably would have ended up much worse if had fitted crash bungs as it would have dug in as that was the point of impact.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you going through insurance or giving him a bill?
I over estimated the cost of the damage and followed him to the cashpoint with the understanding that I would be pursuing it and him if for any reason that didn't cover it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts