GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a feckin big hole in my back tyre just outside Ruithin, North Wales, plugged it and limped home. Massive thanks to the 20+ bikes that rode straight past without even a thought to the (possibly) stranded biker at the side of the road with his helmet, gloves and jacket off with tools out on the floor . But respect to the 2 car drivers who stopped to see if they could offer assistance, very thoughtful.

Just sayin'
http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/thumbup2.gif

·
Registered
298 Posts
After my last puncture, in addition to my plug kit (with glue), I started carrying a small 12V pump. On the side of the road, I had little or no success with CO2 cartridges (maybe it was me).

Glad you made it home ok.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After my last puncture, in addition to my plug kit (with glue), I started carrying a small 12V pump. On the side of the road, I had little or no success with CO2 cartridges (maybe it was me).

Glad you made it home ok.
Yeah dude got home no probs, i too carry a mini compressor aswell as a basic "get me home" fix it kit. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unbelievable..... I have stopped several times for people in that situation, let them use my phone etc..even nipped home for parts when I helped one guy close to home.

I always carry one of those Crafty plugger kits ( check them out, there simple to use with no glue or gungy stuff), well worth having under the seat.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hmm, I always carry my phone and the breakdown assistance number! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts