GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2022 GSX-S1000 GT+
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just picked up a slightly used (less than 400 miles) GSX-S1000 GT+ about 3 weeks ago, and I absolutely love it! I am going from a 2020 KTM 790 Adventure to the Suzuki, since I don't really do ADV riding where I live now (Oahu, Hawaii). I was in the market for the either the Suzuki or a 2022 Yamaha MT10, but I knew that I would be commuting with the bike quite a bit. Lucky for me the choice was easy when one of the local dealers got the bike that I picked up in a on a trade, and I ended up saving a pretty good amount of money since it was a used bike. Anyways, I am glad to have found what looks to be a great forum community!
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Water
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Mountain

· Registered
2022 GSX-S1000 GT+
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! I wonder why it got traded in?
So, I posted pictures of the bike on a local motorcycle Facebook group right after I bought it. The original owner actually reached out to me and I asked him why he traded it in. He said he also has a BMW R1200RT and it didn't make sense to have 2 sport touring bikes. I guess he traded it in on a Harley. The salesman who sold me my Suzuki also said that the original owner goes through 2-3 new bikes a year and just keeps them for a short time.

· Registered
1,684 Posts
So, I posted pictures of the bike on a local motorcycle Facebook group right after I bought it. The original owner actually reached out to me and I asked him why he traded it in. He said he also has a BMW R1200RT and it didn't make sense to have 2 sport touring bikes. I guess he traded it in on a Harley. The salesman who sold me my Suzuki also said that the original owner goes through 2-3 new bikes a year and just keeps them for a short time.
I find people like this weird imo. On Facebook there’s people buying bike for 3 months trading in buying the same bike but diff brand then 3 months later then brag how they’ve been through 20 bikes in 3 years.

i don’t get it. But I’m lame and I keep my things a long time tyoically.

I sold my 18th a for 22gt purely for wind protection and luggage ability. No regrets. Love the gt

but I really dont understand the people I mentioned above.

· Registered
833 Posts
I find people like this weird imo. On Facebook there’s people buying bike for 3 months trading in buying the same bike but diff brand then 3 months later then brag how they’ve been through 20 bikes in 3 years.

i don’t get it. But I’m lame and I keep my things a long time tyoically.

I sold my 18th a for 22gt purely for wind protection and luggage ability. No regrets. Love the gt

but I really dont understand the people I mentioned above.
To each their own I guess....but I know what you mean....I don't understand people that buy a bike and only put 2000 miles on it a year....lol :p

· Registered
560 Posts
I don't understand people that buy a bike and only put 2000 miles on it a year....lol :p
Sadly I was a guy who broke just 500 miles and literally half that was on one day of playing hooky from work 😀
But
I did put about 2500 on the Versy and 1000 on another bike. Just under and Ave year for me

· Registered
933 Posts
Well at least you got away from the KTM lol.
I used to own a 990 super duke and it was a great bike sometimes I regret selling it, but I refuse to buy any new KTM because of their stupid having to pay extra to unlock the performance pack that is already in the ecu.
What a scam!
It's just like In Motion with their airbag subscription so dumb...
Riders need to vote against this crap with their money and not purchase crap like this as it will just entice others manufactures to start doing the same.
Sorry for the rant LOL..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts