GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was pleasantly surprised really with how easy it was to fit the TomTom in the end.

Firstly for this particular model you need a 12v source as the charger includes a voltage regulator that powers the device correctly.
Initially i was rather annoyed as the free power connector under the rear storage is only a 5v feed. (see pic 1 below)

PIC 1

I then realised a few peeps had said they got a feed off the front headlight so having unscrewed the four bolts to the front head light i was pleased to see another connector showing 12v with the ignition on wahey! (see pic 2)

PIC 2

After confirming the power was going from 12v to 5v on the TomTom connector when the ignition was turned on i promptly went for a smoke :laugh:

After tidying up the cabling i fed a small amount of the power lead out to my handlebars under the instrument panel and used a small zip tie just to make sure it doesnt wonder off when unplugged.

Finally with thanks to Dekker for pointing out the ball type mount on ebay (his thread below) i think it all looks good :D

http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1000-appearance-modifications/18537-satnav-mounting.html

It looks like the TomTom is blocking the display but this is me sat upright taking the picture. When you are riding you can see both displays perfectly.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Top job ��

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just bought a tomtom 400 £200 from Halfords online and will be fitting it like this, top job young feller.
So just need new tyres service and will be ready for euro fun in june. we have 3 GSX-S going 2 naked 1 faired.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just bought a tomtom 400 £200 from Halfords online and will be fitting it like this, top job young feller.
So just need new tyres service and will be ready for euro fun in june. we have 3 GSX-S going 2 naked 1 faired.
Where in Europe and when, I have a trip down to play in the Alps planned for the end of june

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure you download tyretotravel or myroute-app as they are fantastic for the Rider 400 (even the free versions).

You can custom select your trips and alter ones peeps have already made.

I was planning on going over to my folks Place in Brittany in June, then down to Spain through pyrenees. Unfortunately ive gone and got myself a new job so will have to put it back to August ish now.....aaaaaargh!

·
Registered
38 Posts
going out 24th june from Portsmouth (night boat)
staying near Rhemes st george in the Aosta valley in Italy, Brill for the Alps Hope you have Great time

·
Registered
387 Posts
going out 24th june from Portsmouth (night boat)
staying near Rhemes st george in the Aosta valley in Italy, Brill for the Alps Hope you have Great time
we are also leaving on 24th but via the tunnel, heading to the Vosges Mountains, the Nurburgring and then down to the Alps, who knows may see you out and about over there, have a safe trip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts