GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has everyone found best with replacing the footpegs. I have size 12.5 boots and the raised end on the standard pegs hurts the ball of my feet after a while and could do with being a bit longer. Any suggestions on what to swap them for?

·
Registered
726 Posts
What has everyone found best with replacing the footpegs. I have size 12.5 boots and the raised end on the standard pegs hurts the ball of my feet after a while and could do with being a bit longer. Any suggestions on what to swap them for?
Ebay is your first port of call I reckon...:)

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've been contemplating putting cbr600f foot pegs on mine, there exactly the same but come with rubber on them. I'm sure it would give a bit more comfort and there only £7 a pair on eBay.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Doddy666,
did you ever replace your pegs?
I'm also looking into switching the OEM ones, the right one in particular I find very slippery.
It practically numbs my foot and toes on long rides, because there's no vibration absorption with the stock pegs.
Looking @ the Puig ones as a possible replacement, but they seem kinda of pricey

·
Registered
538 Posts
Doddy666,
did you ever replace your pegs?
I'm also looking into switching the OEM ones, the right one in particular I find very slippery.
It practically numbs my foot and toes on long rides, because there's no vibration absorption with the stock pegs.
Looking @ the Puig ones as a possible replacement, but they seem kinda of pricey
Yes, i bought 2001 cbr600f foot pegs. I've not done that many miles yet, about 100. Just as I thought it's loads better, it just takes the slight buzzing away and they grip so much better to boot. The bike is not that buzzy but can't understand why suzuki didn't use this type.
I can imagine less fatigue doing lots of miles, probably similar to how barend weights help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, i bought 2001 cbr600f foot pegs. I've not done that many miles yet, about 100. Just as I thought it's loads better, it just takes the slight buzzing away and they grip so much better to boot. The bike is not that buzzy but can't understand why suzuki didn't use this type.
I can imagine less fatigue doing lots of miles, probably similar to how barend weights help.

I pulled the trigger and just ordered these -> Puig Sport Footpegs - RevZilla in blue and the additional mounts they require. Not cheap, but a small price to pay if they mike my rides more enjoyable.
I'll post an update when I receive them and get them installed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's probably not necessary in your case but I fitted modified Buell pegs to actually lower them by 25mm. There's some photos here: Confessions of an Ageing Motorcyclist: The Bee's Knees, a visitor and how we choose our bikes . My comfort level was hugely improved but I left the hero blobs off just in case they scraped. However, no problems at all with them off.
Where did you get the bushing material? I did the same thing on my Gladius, but the bushings I found wouldn't fit inside the springs, which meant a lot more work fitting.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I pulled the trigger and just ordered these -> Puig Sport Footpegs - RevZilla in blue and the additional mounts they require. Not cheap, but a small price to pay if they mike my rides more enjoyable.
I'll post an update when I receive them and get them installed.
Very nice.
I went the cheap route and powdercoated them black along with all the other bits they didn't powdercoat black which they do on the latest model

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322246867477

·
Registered
171 Posts
I hated the standard footpegs, so i got rizoma's. They are by far the most comfortable ones, but after getting the SATO rearsets, i'm liking them even more. The same knurled rounded pegs, but they are extended out so it makes for a nice flat footing.

Only issue now is that when i'm reversing up, i do hit them occasionally. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts