GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have mid pipe (aka cat delete ) for the 1000 with chinese sc project slip on best offer
the sc project is brand new , best offer .add shipping to the offer , item will be coming from NYC .

·
Registered
314 Posts
Post up pics and was it ever installed, the mid pipe?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

never installed . the black line is a sharpie mark i made and the black studs are to connect the springs for the slip on.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I keep going back and forth in my head about a mid-pipe but only reason I want it is to get a bit more bark from the exhaust as I'm stock all-around on the exhaust and ECU. I'd want to lose the large square turkey tray muffler ONLY but keep the cat section.

I'd want to keep the cat and the exhaust valve in place so a tune is NOT required (I've got a warranty that expires summer 2024). I'm pretty sure I've read of someone on here who said you can cut the pipe surrounding the cat just deep enough to not get into the cat and then slip the cat into the mid-pipe.

Can anyone confirm?

TIA

·
Registered
866 Posts
I keep going back and forth in my head about a mid-pipe but only reason I want it is to get a bit more bark from the exhaust as I'm stock all-around on the exhaust and ECU. I'd want to lose the large square turkey tray muffler ONLY but keep the cat section.

I'd want to keep the cat and the exhaust valve in place so a tune is NOT required (I've got a warranty that expires summer 2024). I'm pretty sure I've read of someone on here who said you can cut the pipe surrounding the cat just deep enough to not get into the cat and then slip the cat into the mid-pipe.

Can anyone confirm?

TIA
I think I've seen it done on here somewhere too but you would have to be pretty surgical with your cut.
There are also others who removed the cat yet left the valve in place and haven't needed a tune.
If you're worried about warranty i wouldn't touch the stock exhaust or ecu unless you have a special relationship with your dealer.
I ran the m4 slip on for a while with the rest completely stock and it sounded significantly louder. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ran the m4 slip on for a while with the rest completely stock and it sounded significantly louder. Highly recommended.
Really. Hmmm, going to have to keep an eye for one. Thx

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Can anyone confirm?

TIA
i really cant help with the question, , i had purchased the set p to install on my bike ,but never got around to it ,and i winded up getting a full system instead so this has been sitting in my garage for over a year .

·
Registered
80 Posts

Can anyone confirm?

TIA
If you get Black widow headers they come with an exhaust valve delete part, i changed my headers and kept stock can, BW state you don’t need to remap the ecu.. mine ran fine and makes a stunning sound...

I only went for the remap eventually to smooth out the snatchy throttle and the massive engine breaking... as smooth as silk now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts