GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ECU number is 32920-04K90 and is a bike which is California bike, Will not work in my non abs bike. Basically if your current stock ECU has the above number printed on it you are good to go with a perfectly flashed Danos flashed ecu.

Nothing is wrong with the ECU it simply is the wrong one for my non abs bike.

The ECU contains the following flash parameters: I can produce the Dano's print out on it.

Full exhaust
Map to run with full exhaust
Aftermarket air filter
air box restrictor plate gone
SET valve turned off
PAIR valve turned off
O2 blocked off and removed
top speed limiter turned off
cooling fan set to come on at 195/205 F
Deceleration cut off

I'm asking what I have in it $190 and I'll ship it for that USPS with tracking.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Not trying to mess with your thread, but for a small fee, Dano will change the ecu fuel mapping, so this isn't just stuck with these settings. He can change it to whoever gets the ECU.

Gooodluck with sale! sucks it didn't work for you man. I was gunning for ya

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly I talked with Dano yesterday (5-29-19) anything done to it can be changed by him. He just couldn't help my situation.

BTW this is a NON ABS California model ECU. Doubt it'll work on any other bikes but make sure you have the same numbering on your current ecu and you're good to go with this one.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Roy, you mean it IS FOR ABS model, correct?
Not exactly, it is for a non abs california bike BUT if used in a non abs 49 state bike it'll throw the wheel speed sensor codes similar to using an abs bikes ecu in a non abs bike. totally confusing and I'm not sure why suzuki did this.

Easiest way to avoid what happened to me is verify the number that is on your current ecu. Something I should have done. Don't assume as we did that all non abs bikes are created equal when swapping ecu's. Expensive lesson for me. Would have taken me 10 minutes to verify my ecu's number but I didn't. We assumed non abs bikes were all created equal. not the case, the non abs cali bike is different than the non abs 49 state bikes like mine.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Roy, if my bike could use this I would buy it from you just to help you out. I know this has been a royal pain to deal with.

Come on somebody, this is a great deal!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
This is a good deal for someone here, better snatch it up before I figure out how to make it work on my bike :D
That's not a good price, that's an EXCELLENT price for a person with a California Specification bike.
New Stock Suzuki is around $US950 and your getting a FREE flashed ECU job from a reliable and the Forum's proven Artisan, "Dano the Flasher" (not that sort of Flasher ! :eek:)

The 2 presently seen last week on EBAY are around $250 something plus for stock used Suzuki.
(Just remember to disconnect the battery before removing your present ECU and connecting this one. It's possible to brick any ECU, if done live.)

Rob.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's not a good price, that's an EXCELLENT price for a person with a California Specification bike.
New Stock Suzuki is around $US950 and your getting a FREE flashed ECU job from a reliable and the Forum's proven Artisan, "Dano the Flasher" (not that sort of Flasher ! :eek:)

The 2 presently seen last week on EBAY are around $250 something plus for stock used Suzuki.
(Just remember to disconnect the battery before removing your present ECU and connecting this one. It's possible to brick any ECU, if done live.)

Rob.

Appreciate the kind words Rob, yes I know I am selling it cheap as dirt. Not looking to profit from it as I learned my lesson (check those numbers lol) just forwarding it on to someone who can possibly put it to good use.

I have my eye on that $250 one on ebay as it is exactly like my original stock one that Suzuki replaced under warranty 2 years ago. That is the only reason I have the number ending in 11 now instead of 10.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Roy, That 250 is closer to $300 today online. There are 2 other Calif one's if you want a few more for your collection !

For newcomer's, The difference between 0K410 and 11 is that the early 2015 bikes did have a few bikes that exhibited a few hundred RPM surging down in the lower range due to sensor feedback in closed looping.
The modification to all ECU's with an odd last number means that the closed loop control action is now an open loop, so it won't go chasing it own tail.
It is nothing to do with any emission map change (according to Suzuki, but many here disagree).

Rob.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Just curious, my ECU has this exact number (32920-04K90) but is for an ABS bike.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is your ecu then. Not sure of the difference but Rapid01s bike was a non abs California model and his uses this ecu. Mine is a 49 state non abs and uses 04k10 ecu that is why this one won’t wotk in my bike.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't think the same ecu will work in both an abs and non-abs bike. Mine is abs, so if this ecu worked in a non-abs I don't see how it will work in mine.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I don't think the same ecu will work in both an abs and non-abs bike. Mine is abs, so if this ecu worked in a non-abs I don't see how it will work in mine.
Same ID number on both ECUs. Not sure what makes this work but from now on I go by what is printed on the ECU.

Mine will only work with the 04K10 or 11 suzuki replacement ECU.

Rapid01s was a 04K90 and that is what is in his bike right now working fine and flashed by Dano. The California non abs bikes must utilize the ABS bikes ECU for what ever the reason. Basically if you have a 04K90 in your bike now that is the identical ECU I have for sale but has been flashed by Dano per my list in original post.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Roy, maybe you would want to send it to me to try before I buy it? Otherwise, there's just too many variables at play to chance it and I don't have the money to waste. If it didn't work, I would sent it right back.

Otherwise, I'll just send my ecu to Dano to flash.

I left a message for Dano to call me back to see if your parameters would fit my bike.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Roy, maybe you would want to send it to me to try before I buy it? Otherwise, there's just too many variables at play to chance it and I don't have the money to waste. If it didn't work, I would sent it right back.

Otherwise, I'll just send my ecu to Dano to flash.

I left a message for Dano to call me back to see if your parameters would fit my bike.
I don't have a problem doing that.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Roy, I spoke with Dano, and due to some different parameters and possible incompatibilities, I think I'm going to stick with my own ecu.

On another note, Dano seems to be great guy who took time out to answer my noobie questions. It was much appreciated.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Roy, I spoke with Dano, and due to some different parameters and possible incompatibilities, I think I'm going to stick with my own ecu.

On another note, Dano seems to be great guy who took time out to answer my noobie questions. It was much appreciated.
Not a problem, yea he's a good guy.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just curious, my ECU has this exact number (32920-04K90) but is for an ABS bike.
Firstly, did the California Market get in the 2015/2016 bikes a ABS and a Non ABS choice ?
The 32920-4K90 comes up as an Californian variant.The Californian wiring diagram from PPauls site only shows it in NON ABS format.
The Suzuki System ECU drawing does indeed suggest to have a Cali ABS, with the only change needed is that the wheel sensor's loop via the ABS Module before the arrival at the same terminals of the ECU.

The 4K10,11 49 States drawing indicated it can cater both NON & ABS bikes.

When I look at the 1000 ABS, it has EU spec drawing and "Others". What the 'Other' Countries are is not defined, but I presume not California seeing as it had it's own particular drawing for NON ABS.
But then in the 2016 updated ECU, Suzuki (via PP site somewhere) had a listing page where what was the Cali specific 4K90, (which would have been expected as the 'improved' 4K91), shows it's covering all of the USA bikes now, but DOES it cover ALL both NON & ABS, I just don't know.

And there's the 4K50, 51's out there in the wild too. Where do they fit in the USA jig saw puzzle of this mess.

All I can say, what a MESS. :(
Lucky for what it's worth, Australia has one ECU, none of the NON ABS bikes stock ever, and one ECU (and it's upgrade).:)

No wonder, people got sent out incorrect replacement ECU's by Suzuki Distributor's in good faith.:crying:

Rob.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts