GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried one of these yet? I'd like relocate my plate to my axle to be rid of the rear fender altogether and just get an integrated taillight. These brackets are only $20-$30. Besides not having a license plate light, I think I might go this route.

I would assume it just replaces the washer on the nut side of the axle. Only thing I'm worried about is if the axle will fit through this. Anyone care to measure?

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Didn't see the picture at first - what is to stop it rotating about the axle?

Not quite the same but I have a splash guard that attaches to the axle with the Licence plate attached to it and then an integrated light

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnbkv786x79t9qw/2016-09-13 08.16.06.jpg?dl=0

This 10MB limit for photos is frustrating!!!!
The torque from the axle nut? I don't think it would move once it's torqued down to the 72 ft/lbs. Not like a license plate weighs more than a few ounces.

These have been around forever and I nearly forgot to look into them before ordering a fender eliminator. They have some that completely replace the aluminum square block to adjust the chain.

Just a thought, I'll still likely get a fender kit because the DMP light install instructions look stupid. Since you have the light @PhuketPaul, is it really true what the instructions say? According to the PDF I checked it showed pulling wires out of the factory harnesses to make them compatible with the DMP light...

I would think that the DMP light should come with plugs to make everything plug and play... Unless I'm interpreting the instructions wrong, which could be easy to do as they're horrible and poorly written.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could you both post the links to these plate holders. Thank you

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BP Suzuki GSXR GSX-R Series Swingarm License Bracket Relocator Plate Kit | eBay

Cafe Bike, Cafe Racer Custom Side mount Vertical License Plate Relocator Bracket | eBay

After much research and messaging back and forth with sellers, these are the two that should fit. There are many more options for GSXRs and we have the same swingarm (same exact part number on part sites) so choose your poison on eBay, there's a ton of different styles but I wouldn't trust one that doesn't hold the plate vertical, they seem like they would scrap in harder turns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts