GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any idea of the fork diameter , not the circumference but essential the width

if anyone has a vernier caliper could you measure it please , i will get one needed for a lighting project

Thanks

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked mine with a cheap set of callipers and got:
Upper 50mm
Lower 44mm

Cheers
unless your bike is different your calipers are definitely faulty , the brackets I need are way bigger

I'll take a measurement with a set I'll try to get now - but just in case you need them for any major work I'd hold fire 😁

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,678 Posts
I make it top = 50mm bottom = 43.

Reactions: gixerhp

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I make it top = 50mm bottom = 43.
maybe a difference between the 15 - 17 & 18+ , for example your model has 5 clutch springs , mine has 6

the brackets I've ordered for my lighting project don't fit & are measured to for 50/51mm forks 🤷🏾

52/53mm arriving tomorrow so I'll find out - purchased a decent set of vernier calipers & measure 51.7mm so basically 52mm

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,678 Posts
maybe a difference between the 15 - 17 & 18+ , for example your model has 5 clutch springs , mine has 6

the brackets I've ordered for my lighting project don't fit & are measured to for 50/51mm forks 🤷🏾

52/53mm arriving tomorrow so I'll find out - purchased a decent set of vernier calipers & measure 51.7mm so basically 52mm
My bad, top is 53.74 using digital caliper.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bad, top is 53.74 using digital caliper.
I hope may calipers aren't wrong , means I'll have to send the bracketed back & get a larger size again 😳

hope yours are wrong 😅 no offence

Could the forks really be different sizes , i find that hard enough to believe & way more likely that our calipers are calibrated properly

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,678 Posts
I hope may calipers aren't wrong , means I'll have to send the bracketed back & get a larger size again 😳

hope yours are wrong 😅 no offence

Could the forks really be different sizes , i find that hard enough to believe & way more likely that our calipers are calibrated properly
Sorry only measured at bottom yoke. Sizes are nominally 50mm top yoke and 54 bottom yoke.

I miss-read the original comment about bottom at first to mean the lower fork (chromed) part).
I blame Al - zimer. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Gixis1k

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
& its progressive , is this normal.

I've opted for some brackets for my streetfighter (i call it a streetwarrior 🙄😒🤣) project so i basically need to reorder bigger brackets for the base

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just checked mine with a cheap set of callipers and got:
Upper 50mm
Lower 44mm

Cheers
so we have forks that progress from the upper Yoke at 50mm through to lower Yoke at 54mm - nout wrong with your calipers , sorry & thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts