GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just purchased a 2015 GSX-S1000. I forgot to take off my Abus disc lock and push the bike forward a bit, so the lock hit the bracket of the ABS sensor and the bracket chipped, showing the silver color. Then I sprayed a thin layer of 3M 08881 undercoat, I am kind of worry that it will rust. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Bummer!
On the plus side you are lucky you haven’t bent your disc carrier.
Splash some hammerite paint on the chip. That stuff won’t rust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bummer!
On the plus side you are lucky you haven’t bent your disc carrier.
Splash some hammerite paint on the chip. That stuff won’t rust

That was really lucky, otherwise I have to replace a new fork. I can say the Abus lock is really tough, the lock has only scratches.

Do you mean the bracket won't rust? Or you mean it won't rust after I apply the paint?

Here is the photo of the chipped part
https://ibb.co/nQJ7rcJ

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Ah!
Thanks for the pic. That clears up where the actual scratches are. Luckily they are on an aluminium part so they won’t rust. Eventually it will oxide up and the paint could flake but it will be a slow process.
Hammerite paint would look ****e on that. I would be more tempted to keep it polished clean to stop any oxidation build up and see how you get on

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Very minor, but if it bugs you, go to a beauty supply store and see if you can get a similar color nail polish. Not sure women wear dark grey nail polish, but these days who knows! worth a try. Good touch up paint for something small like that.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Very minor, but if it bugs you, go to a beauty supply store and see if you can get a similar color nail polish. Not sure women wear dark grey nail polish, but these days who knows! worth a try. Good touch up paint for something small like that.
RP1 beat me to suggest the nail lacquer. I was thinking a clear non gloss lacquer.

Rob.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys for the suggestions. You guys are great.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G9750 發送

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
All I need is to put a place-mark on my phone's map so I remember where I left the bike.:)

Reactions: Beaker
1 - 11 of 11 Posts