GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my 2020 gsxs1000f on a go kart track. After my session was done I noticed the leak on my fork seal. Is replacement the only option or can I use seal mate for cleaning

Tire Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Registered
That's a decent sized leak to have come out of nowhere. Usually you'll notice a tiny bit of oil on the stansions before it gets to this point. I wouldn't fool around with seal savers, I'd just install new seals now and get it over with. Also gives you an excuse and opportunity to upgrade the front suspension if you haven't already done so. 馃槑

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
I had a couple of leaks on my previous gsxs. I found a tip on the internet where you get a very thin bit of plastic like celuloid about 1/2" wide and work it under the dust seal and then under the fork seal and rotate it round.
You need to shape the end like a bullet then cut a bit out to make it more like a sickle.
Obviously check the fork tube for stuff stuck to it etc. It worked for me much to my relief.
Note my leaks were nowhere near as bad as yours.

Reactions: Chris828

Registered
2022 GSXS 1000
You can use picture film, I had a leak on my gsxr and was able to get it to stop after one go with the film. Same procedure as dekker mentioned, it was surprising how much crud gets stuck in there.

Registered
your leaks are most likely beyond fixing by cleaning, but I do 2nd the seal mate tool or seal saver or whatever its called, the blue thing that has a hook, It saved a small weep I had. but yours look blown. like the kind from wheelies oddly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts