GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I have tried the search function to no avail. No matter what I search for I get no results? Must be doing something wrong. I want to install frame sliders on my F and need to know the torque setting for the engine bolts. Can anyone provide such? Also does anyone know where a service manual is posted for download? Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
55 N-m (5.6 kgf-m, 40.5 lbf-ft)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hi Joe,
Here's a link to a thread that our site Moderator C AJ kindly compiled. It has a lot of useful torque settings, although engine bolts are not mentioned.
Engine bolts have to be torqued in a specific order to obviate frame vibrations, so I wouldn't include them either.
This is where the Shop Manual is a must have, assuming the motor has been dropped out.

Rob.

http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuki-gsxs-1000-maintenance/30969-torque-specs-2.html

·
Registered
987 Posts
You likely won't find an online service manual unless you are a dealer with a log-in code. And if you do, it is an illegal copy as Suzuki is pretty particular about not letting digital copies out. Here is the only place I know of to get new legal paper copies of Suzuki service manuals - if you find it for less you can bet it is pirated and not the same quality (unless buying a genuine used copy from an individual).

Genuine Suzuki Manuals

Don't know if you already have your sliders, but I have the R&G Aero and they look nice and extend enough to protect the important parts of the engine. I didn't use a torqe wrench, just got them tight, where they felt about the same as the bolts I removed. Also, to get them level takes a bit of trial and error since they want to rotate during the last bit of tightening.

Reactions: Joe Garfield

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the R&G sliders and they do look good. R&G said not to use more than 40nm when installing the new bolts. I have the service manual and set the wrench accordingly, but started to hear some indication that I was over-stressing something (probably the plastic slider), so I set it a touch lower.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the R&G sliders and they do look good. R&G said not to use more than 40nm when installing the new bolts. I have the service manual and set the wrench accordingly, but started to hear some indication that I was over-stressing something (probably the plastic slider), so I set it a touch lower.
I have fitted the PUIG ones and they say in the mounting instructions that all M10 screws have to be tightened accordingly to the torque specified in the workshop manual (at 55 Nm).

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm pretty sure I remember a metal collar in there which is actually taking the stress of the bolt torque.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I installed the Shogun frame sliders on my F today (and was glad to find this thread for torque values).
I bought the black PA2 version which can be seen here.
Install was a breeze, fitment was perfect, and they look like they will protect well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this is an older post, but if anyone buys the Matisse frame sliders they come with 3 standard and 1 longer frame bolt. The longer bolt and spacer go together and fit to the front right engine mount. Took me a while to figure it out. Also I ended up using 35ft front and 60ft rear for the torque settings. All the bolt were fine with the exception of the rear right. It got to a point that I wasn't happy stressing it out any further so I stopped short of 60ft. Not sure how much shorter maybe 5-10 NM. Either I was missing some documentation on how to fit them or they send you crappy instructions with torque settings only for the single bolt that holds the slider onto the engine bolt bracket. Anyway good luck :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts