GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Just brought my new ride home today. I'll miss the power, speed and low end torque of the C14, but i definately wont miss the ~250lbs in extra weight...
Welcome OregonLAN!

I'm looking forward to a more in-depth comparison as soon as you get some miles under your belt.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi and welcome, I still have my C14 and the GSX-S, best of both worlds for me on my own or long distance touring with the wife.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome!

The C14 is a sweet ride, but I wasn't "touring" much on it anymore. Most of my ridding is 20 - 150 miles. Also, my wife has her own now, so no more 2-up.

The GSXS is so much more nimble and easier to control. It's also very smooth at higher RPMs. My Kawasaki was very "buzzy".

I'll report back as I'm able to open her up after the break in cycle...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I came from an FJR and even though there is less torque down low, there is so much less weight to utilize the torque it (GSXS) does have, there doesn't seem much of a difference.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Welcome too from me, OregonLAN
For those like me who have no idea what a C14 from Kawasaki is, in my Market it is known as the 1400GTR (ZG1400 elsewhere too).
Been around since Adam wore short pants, and his Dad rode the earlier GTR1000.

Rob.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had a 2012 C14 loved it out on the road but hated it slow speed and moving it around. I still find myself looking at used ones for sale. Even though it was so heavy I loved the power it had out on the road. Having a Valentine1 radar detector was mandatory on one. I hated the linked brakes on it though, very poor brake design.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I had a 2012 C14 loved it out on the road but hated it slow speed and moving it around. I still find myself looking at used ones for sale. Even though it was so heavy I loved the power it had out on the road. Having a Valentine1 radar detector was mandatory on one. I hated the linked brakes on it though, very poor brake design.
Mine was a 2009 (a year before the linked brakes and the ~153mph limiter). Here's some pictures of it. Notice that the lower fairing was custom painted to match the upper.

With all the performance mods, I was pushing close to 175hp. It would hit 100+ in 2nd gear before it red lined.

With that said, I stopped riding it because it was just too heavy and tall to ride in traffic or around town. I needed something smaller and shorter, and here I am...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ESUpGq1cTph7G1PV6

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Mine was a 2009 (a year before the linked brakes and the ~153mph limiter). Here's some pictures of it. Notice that the lower fairing was custom painted to match the upper.

With all the performance mods, I was pushing close to 175hp. It would hit 100+ in 2nd gear before it red lined.

With that said, I stopped riding it because it was just too heavy and tall to ride in traffic or around town. I needed something smaller and shorter, and here I am...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ESUpGq1cTph7G1PV6
Impressive bike and setup! I had a hankering for a Concours at one time. It just wasn't the time and place that I was ready to buy, but they seem like great bikes, especially for the long haul.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts