GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

So I just traded my 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom (power cruiser) in on this.

Love it so far and will be tough to keep the revs below 6,000 rpm for the first 1,000 k or so.

Could be the first bike where I leave the stock exhaust on - has a nice bark!

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Just got back from a ride in the country and it appears the bark is more from the intake than the exhaust although I could be wrong.

Also, I thought Suzuki had the touchy throttle thing figured out on the 2018's but I'm actually hesitant to ride with one hand to take a break in case I hit a bump and have a close call with the bike throwing me off. It's very sensitive. The plus is it just goes right way when you twist the throttle of course. I assume this is a direct cable-to-throttle body setup?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks @Reagenn ... I'll definitely be looking out for an improvement.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes, cable throttle. I installed a G2 Throttle Tamer but others have posted that the new 2019 Katana twist grip works fine and is much cheaper (but I could be wrong so please verify).
Anyone know a place online to order Katana parts? I like those new turn signals.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What part of Canada? My wife grew up in New Brunswick and her family now lives in Brockville, Ontario. Beautiful country.
Hi @Reagenn.

I'm the Toronto, Ontario area. Suburbs, a few hours west of Brockville. Drove through New Brunswick years ago and remember being awed by the St. John River area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts