GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

The 2017 GSXR 1000R is really tempting to be honest. with all the latest electronics.

The Dyno numbers are massive on Stock, 195bhp on the rear wheel at 14500 redline ......(200bhp at the crank) 119Nm Torque... Transmission loss at its minimum. One word.... INSANE!!!!!!... BMW S1000rr dethroned...

Add to that Yoshimura has come out with a full system titanium exhaust....that weighs like feather.... Decat it ... PC5 it... and you have a monster ready to take your soul out, at the twist of your wrist.

Have a look at the dyno sheet attached below

Red line is a 2016 R1
Green line is a 2016 ZX10r
Blue line a 2017 GSXR 1000

·
Registered
566 Posts
It is going to be a super fast and nice bike. Not my thing for a street bike but I'd race the **** out of one on a race track. That is if I could afford one to race, I mean $15-17k for the bike then another $10k roughly to race prep it. Count me done at that point. I had a hard time swallowing $20k recently for a new left over 2015 GSX-R600 plus race prep cost.

I just do not see the need for such a bike on the streets anymore. At one time I did but not anymore. They belong on the race tracks but unfortunately the cost of the road race sport is through the roof now days. One can easily burn through $20-30k a year racing at the club level. I know first hand I have been doing it for years now. And trackdays are not any cheape.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah... thats the point... somehow i feel the next iteration of our bike will feature these latest electronics... it has to trickle down at some point anyway

The point is gsxr can never be a gsxs... and vice versa...

I would love to have both in my garage.
That way i could have the best of both worlds

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had a L5 Gsxr1k and didn't find it enjoyable on the road... just not made for the road.
Then tried an RSV4 factory with all the gadgets... good fun but just not a road bike.
Now the GSXSF... serious fun on the road and with 150mph + speeds easily attainable it's got 4 cyl smoothness and all the performance you really need.
Still won't stop me going to the UK launch at my local dealer and taking it a spin....just think what lies ahead gadget wise for the GSXS models or even the BUSA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts