GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im looking for some spare parts for my gsx s1000f.

While searching the web I think the build year is different then wat I was thinking.

I bought it in 2019 en was put on the road for the first time in 2018 end of the year. it had 1250km on the counter.
The ECU was mapt and the cat is remouved. I think is was tuned by the garage. they race Suz en came from there. no reason to think is was not the real km's or had a accident, the bike goes like crazy and i'm very happy. Drive it every day.

By stupid accident and without extra damage the front fender is missing a pies and now the brake gets al the water and dust from the road on it. So im looking for a new fender. While looking for the right one on and an original part a have to be shure. The model 2015 and 16 are different than the 2017,18,... Looking online it seams mine is a mix of the 2.

I have Brembo brakes but no black leavers and footpegs. What are the other main differences?
Is there a way that i can see for shure what year it is from? for example the chassisnumber.

Sorry for my englisch.

·
Administrator
650 Posts
Hello,

While searching the web I think the build year is different then wat I was thinking.

I bought it in 2019 en was put on the road for the first time in 2018 end of the year. it had 1250km on the counter.
The ECU was mapt and the cat is remouved. I think is was tuned by the garage. they race Suz en came from there. no reason to think is was not the real km's or had a accident, the bike goes like crazy and i'm very happy. Drive it every day.

By stupid accident and without extra damage the front fender is missing a pies and now the brake gets al the water and dust from the road on it. So im looking for a new fender. While looking for the right one on and an original part a have to be shure. The model 2015 and 16 are different than the 2017,18,... Looking online it seams mine is a mix of the 2.

I have Brembo brakes but no black leavers and footpegs. What are the other main differences?
Is there a way that i can see for shure what year it is from? for example the chassisnumber.

Sorry for my englisch.
Parts are the same - only color differences. Many people mix & match.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parts are the same - only color differences. Many people mix & match.
Not everything is the same.
The connector of my ABS sensor was different, the code mentioned on the cable was nog the same. K00 and K... something. can't remember atm.

Ok, the colour of my bike is blue. The fabulese Suzuki blue. What is the code I need to order?
Rectangle Font Magenta Circle Brand

Rectangle Font Brand Electric blue Magenta

Thanks for the responds.

Still, I don't know when my bike was build.

Grts,
Yves

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hello,

Sorry for my englisch.
2018 was the end of one model revision(L8) and 2019 was the next revision. That is the Euro 5 version, M0.
K00 is the original version for parts for the GSXS. In Australia, it was referred by Suzuki Factory as 04K00.
When they changed the ECU mapping in 2016, the ECU has a different label on it, being 04K01. Next revision would be 04K02 (for Australia) the next future revision (if needed).
The 04 part changes to another set of numbers in other Countries, the K** everyone gets.

For the year, there is a stamp under the seat base. A circle of numbers from 1 to 12, and an arrow pointing to the year the seat base was made.

Rob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts