GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys, having previous bikes with excellent front brakes(bmw gslc)i find the lack of initial bite not good. Its like a delayed biting action when applying the front brake normally.
I understand other owners have complained of the same.
Is it defo the quality/compound/type of pad etc.thats not playing.
Do we reckon a front pad swap?
I see on the gsxr forum similair complaints and some have swapped to Vesrah pads and others.
What do we think on here?
Anybody changed pads.?
Am i moaning about nothin?
Cheers lads.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I found the Vesrah pads to be avast improvement. EBC' s are better too, but they are noisy. Vesrah is as quiet as stock, and has a very powerful initial bite. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I found the Vesrah pads to be avast improvement. EBC' s are better too, but they are noisy. Vesrah is as quiet as stock, and has a very powerful initial bite. Highly recommended.
Are you talking about Organic pads or Sintered Metal pads?

I'm looking to change mine, but am unsure which type to buy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep Vesrah or EBC will sort the initial bite out. I've got EBC HH in the GSX-S and they're great, had the Vesrahs that RCannon has found for you in the GSXR and they were excellent too with the same calipers.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys lads.
Im going to order the Vesrah brake pads .
Will post the results when fitted and road tested.
Guess it will be early next year though.
cheers Martin.

·
Registered
450 Posts
good-vs bad means one is defective, and thats not true here. The stock pads have a low friction rating. If a person is coming off of an sv 650, you'll enjoy the stock brakes. If you've felt a good system, then not so impressive.

Bedding in does not change the friction rating, so it really wont do much in this instance.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The claipers do appear to be the same as what the gsxr 600 and 750 used since 2011. 32mm Piston size and such. Not sure about the pads themselves.

Theres a brembo number on back of the pad and it did match up to one in their catalog. No reason to believe they have different pads for each bike as the complaint of low power is pretty common.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rccannon...
thanks for all your input.
Ive had a good look on ebay uk ,and the suppliers of Vesrah brake pads seem to be operating from USA.
Did you purchase your pads from a UK supplier assuming you are living in UK.?
Cheers mate.

·
Registered
450 Posts
No sir, I am in the usa. I bought them where america shops, ebay!

Now, heres the cool part for a pad source. Click on this link. Scroll down and look at what other bikes use this pad. You'll see that you could walk into a ducati, triumph or aprilia shop and buy super strong brake pads and they will drop right in.

Vesrah RJL Race Brake Pads VD 9031RJL 2 Sets Both Calipers 675R GSX R RSV4 RC8 | eBay

I think for my next pad set, I'll go to the ducati shop and order the pad for the 2011 1198. Ducati always uses super powerful pads. No idea on cost, but we'll find out.

Scratch that. My cost is 179.00, per side. I'll go ahead and stick with the Vesrah.

If you cant get Vesrah, how about some of the Brembo sc's? They are hard to get for us in the usa, but people rave about them.

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Brembo_Brake_Pads_for_Suzuki_motorcycles.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Give the Carbon Lorraine pads a try. The C60s are to much for the street. I recommend the SBK5s for street and occasional track duty. If you see more than a handful of trackdays get the C60s and bed them in properly. You wont be dissapointed and they are half the price of the Vesrahs.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Id for sure try the carbon lorraine. The friction rating of our stock pads is the issue. With that said, If I sent you out to find an aftermarket replacement pad with such a weak friction rating, you'd fail. I cannot name any one pad with such a weak rating other than stock.

I can find ebc and galfer in my local shop. Thats it. Everything else is mail order or ebay.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why the **** do Suzuki fit pads made from rock hard cheese.....?
To the lads that have swapped out these pads was there an indication of the manufacturer.
Cant be Brembo,can it? Chinese cheese?
Are they a sintered material or something else?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hate to say it but the pads the gsxs come with do say brembo on the back of the them shame it's put me off buying brembo pads in the furture am about to put epfa ebc pads in when I get my bike back from having the traction button switch replaced after it got stuck down

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great Martin...
Let us know how the new pads perform.
Still fancy a set of Vesrah pads or maybe Carbon lorraine which are cheaper .
Whatever, those stock pads have got to go.
cheers.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts