GSXS 1000 Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm cheaper than you, don't know size but it's off a KTM RC8, paid £90 for it a few yrs ago and had it on my GSR 750, and fitted SBS sintered pads, which I've used on last 4 bikes, brakes are now spot on, next tyres and then poss a power commander.

·
Registered
451 Posts
You guys have no idea how good the stock calipers are. They are as good as what my concours 14 came with, and thats a compliment. Especially if I fill in the details...

1...Concours 14 replacement pad set....8 total pads, 200.00 minimum, for Vesrah quality.

2...Over two lbs lighter, per set. Oddly enough, two pounds less caliper weight feels like 20 removed from the bike. A very nice sensation, to say the least.

These calieprs are well worth throwing some money at. If you do the pads, and a good mastercylinder, then next step up in quality will be minimal, and cost 5000.00 to accomplish.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For me the brake set up is done ebc epfa pads fitted and rock oil 5.1 brake fluid on less someone make hoses for the abs sometime soon but next is tyres running pr4 's at the mo as its cold and wet looking at the m7rr but see if there's any new tyres out this year for the summer

·
Registered
451 Posts
Martin, I'm not sure how to explain this, but the pr4 and my abs bike......

With stock tires, front abs would activate. Lets call this point "X" when it did so.

With the pr4.....it did activate, but it felt like 2X as much force before it did. I stopped so short of where I expected, I felt like a fool. An amazing tire might not be considered a brake upgrade, but it sure felt like one.

Meaning the tire is awesome, and it sticks so much better. Not like it messed with abs...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Ok guys...ordered meself a set of Ebc hh front brake pads . Hoping for a little improvement of the initial brake bite.
Gonna bed them in hard and see what we end up with.
£40 from Demon tweaks.
Will post the results.
cheers.
Was out allday with the new front brake pads fitted.
Bedded them in hard....accelerate to 60mph apply brakes hard and let off at around 20mph.
Repeat this about ten times. Bedded in real quick and continued to improve over the day.
Wow....what an improvement! Brakes that work.
Can only get better with more miles.
Thanks for the help fellas. This upgrade is recommended. Best £40 ive spent in a while.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Madmartin, I get making brakes weak (I guess?) as sort of a poor mans abs?

But pads like this, on an abs equipped bike? Sounds like Kawasaki did the same on their 2016 zx10, too.

Top quality brake calipers and rotors....pads than belong on an old trail 90?

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was out allday with the new front brake pads fitted.
Bedded them in hard....accelerate to 60mph apply brakes hard and let off at around 20mph.
Repeat this about ten times. Bedded in real quick and continued to improve over the day.
Wow....what an improvement! Brakes that work.
Can only get better with more miles.
Thanks for the help fellas. This upgrade is recommended. Best £40 ive spent in a while.
Same here, just put in EBC-HH sintered road pads. Actually had to brace myself against some braking forces, that were throwing me forwards - now that's new !

·
Registered
719 Posts
Radial brake master cylinder (like the brembo RCS19). Are these worth the upgrade? I've always just used what came with the bike but radial supposedly provides better hand feel and bite including adjustability options (depending on the model)

·
Registered
10 Posts
bumping this thread.
Does anyone know if the brake light switch will directly mount up to the Ducati master cylinder? Or would it require some modifications to the wiring?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts