GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After a crash both front suspensions legs are bent and I am trying to find a way to replace them without spending a lot of money. The problem is that replacing the inner and outer tubes of both legs would be very expensive with OEM parts so I am thinking about making a gsxr swap but I am not sure about the compatibility and I wonder if someone has already done this and what is the best option without having to change many things.

Do you know if the length of the front axle is normally the same for the gsxr and gsx-s? What about the offset of the brake disc? I know there are gsxr models with the same brembo calipers as ours but I am not sure about the distance of the disk. New gsxr models have the same brembo calipers and ABS sensor too with bigger disk but that's not a concern, axle dimensions and offset are my main concerns.

Thanks for your help,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
id suggest visiting a bike wrecker who has the parts required after you measure up the gsx front end components
Thanks, finally I decided to buy the tubes separately and fix mine. I guess unless you are pretty sure everything is identical the full swap only makes sense if you also change front wheel, brake discs, calipers, etc. Too many things to match and not enough information

1 - 3 of 3 Posts