GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question. I have a Trackside triple tree front stand not yet opened that I was thinking about exchanging (return period is expired) for a fork lift front stand because that's what I'm used to. Can you still remove the front axle/wheel and work on your brakes/calipers with that bar in the way? I assume you just turn the wheel to the side?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the Pitbull triple tree stand too, I think that is the way to go because you can take the whole front end off. The fork lift type you can't do that.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the trackside triple tree stand. Yes you can pull the wheel and forks if needed. It works well, careful when you place the pin in the tree there is a wire bundle there which can interfere. i have managed to pop the bottom clip of the headlight lifting the front while rushing. Nothing broken.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have two triple stands. One I s a pit bull, and one is a venom. Not only can you remove the wheel, but you can remove the forks for rebuilding. Can’t do that with a fork lift. I have two of them also. If I only had one, it would be the triple tree lift. Careful you don’t scratch your fender with it. Throw an old t shirt or rag over the fender until you learn how to use it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts