GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious what octane you guys are using. I know with some bikes you will get better power and MPG because the computer won't pull any timing. So, do you run regular or premium ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Suzuki says 90 or higher. Running 93 as that is the easiest to get in my area. There was another longer thread on this with a lot of guys saying they run 98.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I use 95 RON most of the time and 98 if there is some promotion at the pump. I never use supermarket though. Mainly Shell if I can.

·
Registered
371 Posts
There has been some confusion in other threads regarding fuel octane ratings...

If you ever see someone talking about putting anything over 94 octane in their bike, they are probably talking about the RON rating. In the US, pumps go by the AKI rating.

In any case, Suzuki recommends (per the manual, pg. 3-2) 95 RON (91 AKI) minimum. Anything above that won't help you, and anything below that will result in less power and fuel economy due to reduced ignition timing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There has been some confusion in other threads regarding fuel octane ratings...

If you ever see someone talking about putting anything over 94 octane in their bike, they are probably talking about the RON rating. In the US, pumps go by the AKI rating.

In any case, Suzuki recommends (per the manual, pg. 3-2) 95 RON (91 AKI) minimum. Anything above that won't help you, and anything below that will result in less power and fuel economy due to reduced ignition timing.
yep, you are right. I found it says "requires premium 90 R+M/2" which is basically 91 in the US

·
Registered
828 Posts
I wish we could just have one sticky fuel octane thread instead of the same question popping up every week, same with an oil thread. Just one of each, sticky so every sees it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't put gasoline in my bike. The oil companies want the public to believe this is what their bikes need simply because of profit. Hopefully, before the world fully converts to electric motors, everyone will know the truth of a better propulsion fluid than dinosaurs. Google it and you will begin to unravel the truth about Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo. Let's join hands and vow to put Big Oil out of business forever!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't put gasoline in my bike. The oil companies want the public to believe this is what their bikes need simply because of profit. Hopefully, before the world fully converts to electric motors, everyone will know the truth of a better propulsion fluid than dinosaurs. Google it and you will begin to unravel the truth about Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo. Let's join hands and vow to put Big Oil out of business forever!
I heard green coolant works best.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thumper is feeling the Bern!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts