GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else removed the fuel tank? How did you get the 2 push tabs out of the center fuel tank front cover? Those 2 little plastic bits with the push pins either side of the ignition.

I'm trying to push the center pin out from behind without scratching anything :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone else removed the fuel tank? How did you get the 2 push tabs out of the center fuel tank front cover? Those 2 little plastic bits with the push pins either side of the ignition.

I'm trying to push the center pin out from behind without scratching anything :eek:
Use a small screw driver and push the middle into the body of the clip - treat it like a button. The inner will click down about 3mm and it is then released - simply lift out by putting your finger nail under the lip.
To reinstall you just need to click the middle piece back up so it sits proud of the body. Push it back into the hole and then push the middle so it clicks back flush with the surface.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use a small screw driver and push the middle into the body of the clip - treat it like a button. The inner will click down about 3mm and it is then released - simply lift out by putting your finger nail under the lip.
To reinstall you just need to click the middle piece back up so it sits proud of the body. Push it back into the hole and then push the middle so it clicks back flush with the surface.
OHHH! I had it all wrong lol. They came off real easy using an allen key to push the pin in :D

Thanks mate! I never would have tried that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
OHHH! I had it all wrong lol. They came off real easy using an allen key to push the pin in :D

Thanks mate! I never would have tried that.
No worries - they're great little things, but recommend you get a couple of spares as they occasionally break when reinstalling or you drop one .....

Most motor accessory places stock them or EBay of course, or pay 10x the price for an OEM Suzuki one of course :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts