GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I removed the tank and fuel pump and found why the overflow was leaking. (See separate post). I seem to be having fueling problems since this issue occurred. I disassembled the fuel pump assembly. Reading some other threads on here, it seems the filter can get clogged. Mine looks black. See attached photos. Is this the color when it gets clogged? Can it be cleaned? I will try cleaning because a new strainer/filter will take a couple days to arrive. I also searched on here and found some threads regarding fuel pump and strainer issue. Wish I had done that first as Quantum fuel systems Quantum Fuel Systems | OEM & Performance Fuel System Parts has strainers much cheaper than OEM. I also ordered a new pump to go with a three pack of strainers. Will post once I have some more feedback.
pump description-
QFS T35 Intank Fuel Pump w/ Regulator for Suzuki GSX-S1000 EFI 2015-2021, Replaces 15100-04K00
strainer description-
QFS Fuel Pump Strainer (QTY 3) For Suzuki GSX-S1000 2015-2021, Replaces 15100-04K00

Cheers!

Attachments

· Registered
855 Posts
The fuel pump strainers I'm familiar with look like the picture I posted below. I'm assuming the black stuff in your strainer is dirt, debris, and whatever else was in your fuel. I've replaced several automotive fuel pumps and the strainers never looked anywhere near that nasty. How many miles are on your bike? What kind of fuel are you running and where are you getting it? How's the inside of your tank look? It should look perfectly clean inside as long as you're not getting contaminated fuel.

Wood Auto part Circle Fashion accessory Metal

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many miles are on your bike? What kind of fuel are you running and where are you getting it? How's the inside of your tank look?
About 7k.
Been using ethanol free the last couple tanks.
Inside of the tank looks OK. The fuel has what I believe to be water in it. Pic shows what I drained out and separated. Will see what happens with a new strainer. Running like crap since last tank. I think my overflow rupturing in the tank has allowed water intrusion. Sealed it off. Will monitor. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts