GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Power commander 5, autotune and pod-300 today. All i have to say is it is worth it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You have to go to a trainer who has already done it for our gsx and who has had good feedback. Through friends or word of mouth, I think you'll find someone.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well do it yourself! I just ordered a kit matching your Powercommander with autotune from Woolich.

·
Registered
355 Posts
But whom to trust to do it? I've read many accounts of subpar results from flashes.
In New Zealand, my ECU was changed by Suzuki NZ at no cost to me and completely solved the problem. If it's that simple to fix, why spend time messing about with all the other time-consuming or expensive fixes that pop up on the forum? Or aren't Suzuki so proactive in other countries?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have got it changed to, still not happy. Anyway, when you start modding exhaust and airfilter, you need to do something anyway

·
Registered
974 Posts
In New Zealand, my ECU was changed by Suzuki NZ at no cost to me and completely solved the problem. If it's that simple to fix, why spend time messing about with all the other time-consuming or expensive fixes that pop up on the forum? Or aren't Suzuki so proactive in other countries?

I got my ECU changed and it did fix the constant throttle surging(which is all it's supposed to fix) and It did nothing for the snatchy throttle, I have had the tps set also

·
Registered
355 Posts
I got my ECU changed and it did fix the constant throttle surging(which is all it's supposed to fix) and It did nothing for the snatchy throttle, I have had the tps set also
I'm pretty sure that it was only the ECU that got changed as the bike was only in the shop for an hour but there's neither surge nor snatch. Whether there are a range of profiles in different parts of the world, I wouldn't know. The only certainty is that it transformed the bike and if it hadn't, it would be long gone :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
I hear you, it was the throttle tamer that saved mine from a trade in, a lot of people are happy with the change in the ecu but not mine, the constant speed surging never worried me as I have a pcv anyway and the o2 eliminator fixed that but the snatch still had its days, even with the pcv , it runs smooth after an auto tune fix but it sometimes just a bit jumpy

·
Registered
719 Posts
I hear you, it was the throttle tamer that saved mine from a trade in, a lot of people are happy with the change in the ecu but not mine, the constant speed surging never worried me as I have a pcv anyway and the o2 eliminator fixed that but the snatch still had its days, even with the pcv , it runs smooth after an auto tune fix but it sometimes just a bit jumpy

My 2018 has much better fueling. Infact, the 2018s fuelling reminded me very much of the remapped ecu i had in the 2016. New ecu was still a bit snatcy...not as bad as 2016 though. Throttle tamer made a huge difference for me in addition to adjusting the cable...was way too loose. Tamer made a bigger difference on this bike than the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
974 Posts
My 2018 has much better fueling. Infact, the 2018s fuelling reminded me very much of the remapped ecu i had in the 2016. New ecu was still a bit snatcy...not as bad as 2016 though. Throttle tamer made a huge difference for me in addition to adjusting the cable...was way too loose. Tamer made a bigger difference on this bike than the last.

I'm not sure if the year is making much difference, I see a lot of people complaining about their 2018 model on face book, I think it's just the luck of the draw, a friends identical model and almost build date to mine is smoother to ride stock than mine is with a pcv, throttle tamer , TPS set and new ecu

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm not sure if the year is making much difference, I see a lot of people complaining about their 2018 model on face book, I think it's just the luck of the draw, a friends identical model and almost build date to mine is smoother to ride stock than mine is with a pcv, throttle tamer , TPS set and new ecu
they specifically made changes to the fuel map for the 2018 model. It also uses a different ECU. The differences I am feeling are completely related to the fueling. They have obviously added fuel to improve the rough idle. The very first thing I noticed on the new bike was the different fueling characteristics. Im certain they added fuel because its what I (and most other people) had to do. Throttle snatch was still there but that is secondary to fuel injected bikes.
The bike smooths out over time. My 2016 absolutely did. Knowing this now, I wont touch the fuel map on my new bike for a couple thousand miles at least, and then only if it doesn't smooth out like the 2016 did.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

Is there a write-up someplace on adjusting the throttle cable(s)? I haven't hit on the right search string yet apparently.

Edit: NM, found it...it never even occurred to me that it might be in the manual, lol.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The bike do not smooth out over time.
The rider smooth out over time (read: get use to the throttle inputs).

That's my opinion anyhow.

I thought my Gixxus was very "snatchy" going from my BKing, but after having them both for some months, swapping them, I preferred the Gixxus.

Anyhow:
As long as the primary throttle blades is "governed" by your right hand, and *not* by the ECU like more modern bikes/competitors, some of you will resort to endless fiddling with the TPS or installing throttle tamers.

Even though I am very happy with my Gixxus, I will trade it in for a 18' Speed Triple S this year.
Mostly because it has this TFT "iPad" and I have always liked the "Pitbull-look" of the Speedy.
:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I added a bunch of parts. bmc filter with the air box mod, xtre, excva delete, o2 delete. runs so much better.....

·
Registered
248 Posts
hi yall, id like to buy a pcv or bazzaz plus auto tuner if someone wants rid of theres?, or even the auto tuner and i could buy a unit to suit, not sure if you need to have the auto tuner constantly setup with the pcv /bazzaz ?, i would like to get the lower range fuelling abit smoother as the ecu reflash/ dyno tune didnt get below 4ooorpm very good

1 - 20 of 21 Posts