GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this unit back in August and haven't had time to install it till 2 nights ago. It didn't go as smoothly as I hoped, Tube #4 was a little out of shape and wouldn't fit into the collector. I was super gentle coaxing it back to shape to fit. This really was annoying since it was purchased new. taking the stock exhaust off was otherwise pretty uneventful...well until I had to remove the exhaust servo motor....Lots of very very bad words were properly annunciated during this part of the instal. As expected I did get a C46 code with the servo removed. Once everything was tightened back to spec, the bike fired up properly and without any drama. Sounds amazing with proper pops when coaxed a little and the bluest of flames came out to play.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only downside with M4 is the lack of optional slip-ons. Basically have to run theirs and only theirs.
Hopefully you will be flashing your ECU soon, if not done already. A must with a full system.
I used Dano’s Performance and is great.
Already on top of that. Haven't taken the bike out yet. ECU is being flashed by Mikeymoto just north of Toronto. I've been dealing with him for years and trust his knowledge. We're are just waiting for the harness to come in and this week.

·
Registered
735 Posts
There are options if you fab a short link pipe. One of my setups is M4 with a fabbed link pipe and Holeshot 10' bad boy muffler.
Yeah, my avatar is m4 with link pipe that I made, and Yoshi Alpha, which I loved. However, it wasnt professionally done as there was no good spot to hang it from, so I went back to the stock can. If I had a good exhaust shop that would fab me one that looked professional and was mounted correctly, I would go that route.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you going to run it with the baffle or without?
As of right now I'm not sure, I haven't ridden the bike yet since installing the full system. Hopefully I'll have time tonight to go for a ride, but the evenings here have started to get pretty cold, so I'm not too keen on riding on these Dunlops in sub 10°C (50°F) weather.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts