GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

ive made a start on my Yoshimura install today but only had a couple of hours and it involves you removing the rear suspension to get access to the exhaust valve servo.

First and foremost i got myself an Abba stand which lifts the bike via the frame so you can strip the rear end out (godsend)

Originally i was just going to gain access between the servo and rear shock but Yoshimura need you to install a blanking plate to cheat the servo into thinking it still works.

You need to unscrew the whole dogbone at the bottom to let you drop the shock to the bottom. (you dont need to remove it completely so just rest it lower down the bike)

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE TORQUE SETTINGS FOR THE ABOVE SUSPENSION BOLTS? :nerd:

Once access is gained to the rear end of the bike i had loads of space to remove the servo wires and drive plate.

Yoshimura supply a small kit with arms that hit into the raised bits of the servo so the bikes ecu still thinjs the valve is in play and wont bring any error up on the dash.

And fitted

Unfortunately with the heavy rain today and the fact i was knocking a wall down between 10am and 3pm and decided to quit whilst i was head and just slotted the headers into the collector. The quality is amazing and was even impressed with the yoshi name on the pipes and small locator 'V's' on the pipes for two of the pipes. Obviously fitting the exhaust itself will e straight forward and ive already removed the old exhaust and radiator so will post some pics and videos tomorrow.

Again if anyone can give me the torque settings for the suspension i would be extremely gratefull

·
Registered
437 Posts
You can't fit heal tech box for the servo ?

·
Registered
285 Posts
great post and pics. Am not to be trusted with a job like that, but would almost be game to try it now. Had a full 2 into Yoshi system fitted to my SVS1000 which ditched the dumb collector under the frame , quality was A1, bike sounded like a Vtwin should, prior was like a fart in a bath kinda note.Plus dropped close to 18kg's in weight, down to 202kg's wet , you will probably get a good weight save with your new system , which is like gaining HP, if you dyno after mods will be interested to see what you get. I did before and after, picked up 5 HP, with a small dip down low , under 4000rpm, but then was much better all the way to redline.
Small boost in torque. Max previous 9000rpm , new system max at 8500.

·
Registered
431 Posts
great post and pics. Am not to be trusted with a job like that, but would almost be game to try it now. Had a full 2 into Yoshi system fitted to my SVS1000 which ditched the dumb collector under the frame , quality was A1, bike sounded like a Vtwin should, prior was like a fart in a bath kinda note.Plus dropped close to 18kg's in weight, down to 202kg's wet , you will probably get a good weight save with your new system , which is like gaining HP, if you dyno after mods will be interested to see what you get. I did before and after, picked up 5 HP, with a small dip down low , under 4000rpm, but then was much better all the way to redline.
Small boost in torque. Max previous 9000rpm , new system max at 8500.

Can you please post a dyno graph. Would love to see the curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Can you please post a dyno graph. Would love to see the curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry all paper work went to new buyer, including dyno graph, but before yoshi fitted 98hp rear wheel after 103 hp , slight dip under 4000rpm but much better all the way to 11500rpm after that , SVS 1000 was a great bike, and the bucket load of torque meant it would leap out of corners, constantly surprising more powerful bikes, you could get on the gas very early, and go without lots of cog swapping.
Torque from memory was 108 NM , excellent for a pretty light bike.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also a couple of quick vids whilst i was leak testing the bike. First video is with the fairing still off and second one was on my Drift HD which unfortunately ran our of battery so it only recorded the first minute.

im going to see if i can attach the drift camera on the bike pointing backwards at the weekend.

https://youtu.be/oHrANykDR1Q

https://youtu.be/sVKSG_c4JwI

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where did you get this Yoshi kit?

Good Day, i would like to know where you found this kit. I have done many searches and have not found a Yoshi kit for this bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it possible to leave the passenger pegs on under the mount for the can?
The mount i got was an optional extra but they do give you one in the kit which is suspiciously like the stock peg holder. I would imagine you could mod it in some way. ill dig the stuff out and see how it matches up against the exhaust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts