GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
2018 Blue/Black F
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there people
Name is Darren, when I first started riding, bikes had kick starters, thank goodness some things have changed.
Fell in love with a black and blue F model on the showroom floor last year. Was an ex-demo with 200km on the clock. Had it now for a year but haven鈥檛 been able to ride it because of our COVID restrictions - for nearly 8 months our travel was restricted to 5km from home.
Anyway, love the bike and look forward to participating in the sharing of knowledge and experiences. 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Hi there people
Name is Darren, when I first started riding, bikes had kick starters, thank goodness some things have changed.
Fell in love with a black and blue F model on the showroom floor last year. Was an ex-demo with 200km on the clock. Had it now for a year but haven鈥檛 been able to ride it because of our COVID restrictions - for nearly 8 months our travel was restricted to 5km from home.
Anyway, love the bike and look forward to participating in the sharing of knowledge and experiences. 馃憤馃徎
My son is moving to Brisbane next month from Canada. Don鈥檛 tell me I have to depress him by saying he won鈥檛 be able to ride his bike there. Tell me it ain鈥檛 so!

Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
Welcome to the forum, hope you'll be able to ride further before too long.

Reactions: Gonzohead

Registered
My son is moving to Brisbane next month from Canada. Don鈥檛 tell me I have to depress him by saying he won鈥檛 be able to ride his bike there. Tell me it ain鈥檛 so!
It's not an issue here in Queensland. We've been able to ride state wide all through covid.

Registered
2018 Blue/Black F
Discussion Starter #8
Restrictions of travel are now at an interstate level. However, states will close their border if another state experiences an uncontrolled outbreak. New South Wales which boarders QLD is a current hotspot and their border with QLD maybe closed.
Just before he leaves I鈥檇 check the situation. If he enters Aust. through New South Wales, which is likely, he may not be able to enter QLD if the boarder is closed.

Registered
2018 Blue/Black F
Discussion Starter #9
It's not an issue here in Queensland. We've been able to ride state wide all through covid.
If it weren鈥檛 for family I鈥檇 move from Vic tomorrow (actually, I probably wouldn鈥檛 wait that long). We are so over-governed here.

Registered
Victoria sucks!
Remember when the pigs down there were fining riders for tinted visors I'm like really?
I asked a cop in NSW about it and he said it was the first he had ever head of it and continued with any cop that did that must be a real A hole.
Anyhow welcome along ;)

Registered
We've been fortunate here, less cases, smaller population density. I live out in the mountains with better roads, less traffic and fewer cops.
If i had lived in suburban Victoria during lockdowns i would have gone crazy.

Registered
2018 Blue/Black F
Discussion Starter #12
Victoria sucks!
Remember when the pigs down there were fining riders for tinted visors I'm like really?
I asked a cop in NSW about it and he said it was the first he had ever head of it and continued with any cop that did that must be a real A hole.
Anyhow welcome along ;)
Cheers mate.
Its not just the cops. In a wide street approaching a parked lift type truck with a guy up high up cutting overhanging branches. The guy on the ground sees me coming from a distance then holds out his stop sign. 10 seconds later when I get there and stop, he looks at me for a second to ensure I鈥檝e come to a complete stop then turns his whole body around, has an extended long look for any cars coming in the other direction, which there had鈥檛 been for a while, then turned back, looked at me again before finally giving me the go-ahead! Everything is so frustrating here in Vic! Maybe I鈥檓 getting old and intolerant? :)

Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
Gonzohead said,
Maybe I鈥檓 getting old and intolerant?
I am old intolerant and incontinent. :)

Registered
2018 Blue/Black F
Discussion Starter #15
I am old intolerant and incontinent. :)
Turned 60 this year and I鈥檝e planned for incontinence. Wet weather gear all year round is go. Keeps the water out in winter and through summer it keeps the water in so no-one knows you鈥檝e soiled yourself. 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Thanks. He will be happy to know that. Now, what鈥檚 your best advice of which way to swerve when a Kangaroo hops in front of you. 馃槑

According to goggle there are close to 6 million kangaroos in Queensland. Makes the occasional deer problem where I live pretty much insignificant.

Registered
Kangaroos are very common in many rural areas. The trick is to find a fresh kill, which is usually quite easy in the early morning after Skippy made that fateful hop across the highway the night before. When you have found your prize proceed to use your pocket knife to carefully remove the head, just below the jaw.
If you don't have a knife handy you could give it a fishing line necklace and drag it behind your bike until it pops off. Alternatively just twist it back and forth with your bare hands.
Don't worry about other road users, they'll know exactly what you're up to.
Mount the freshly severed head to your handlebars just above your headlight in an act of war.
Now you have a unique, attractive and fragrant accessory but better still, I dare say no kangaroo is going to mess with that guy.

Registered
You Aussies have an "interesting" sense of humor. (assuming you were joking of coarse). :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts