GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome! Very nice ride you have there.

I reckon she'd be fun around Philip Island as well as just visiting to watch the racing. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would be very interested as to why you chose GSXS over S1000R and Tuono.

I was in the similar boat last year I road tested both. Liked Tuono but thought it should be more a weekend bike ans not for every day. S1000R was great too but I found it just a bit sterile and too safe lol.

I wanted something raw and bought Brutale 1090 and loved it. They didn't have GSXS then so I didn't try it.

Was it hard to install the Ventura Rack? I need to do one too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the Aprillia V4 too rough off idle - maybe used to inline 4's. Liked the BWM great motor but $10k more for not much better.
Ventura racks are easy to fit but buy a good allen key set as the factory lock tight the bolts and you need leverage to cleanly remove them.
Have had the GSXS for a week now and is its feeling better every ride. Feels light around town and great in the hills. Don't like the Suzuki mirrors much compared to the Honda, but i need to adjust them better and looks like you need to have the spanner/s out to lock them rather than just moving them. I know small issue, otherwise such a good bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome aboard mate,

I'm finding it hard to adjust to the mirrors as well, my old bike wasn't too bad (FZ6R) but these are pretty useless thus far!

Where bouts in this great land are you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Victoria, Warandyte is 15 min away and really looking forwarded to Spring/Summer.
Cool, I have family in Eltham and Ringwood.

and lol, yeah I cant wait for Spring at least, Summer gets a little too hot here and about to have back surgery later this week so fast forward to late spring and i should be riding again ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts