GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day to fellow GSX-S owners from around the planet. This forum is cool I like it, great to get sensible real feedback from other owners of a newly released model!
I purchased my Candy Red/Black early August here in my hometown Brisbane.
Currently own 5 Suzuki's, 3 Honda's & a Husky.

But for all those complaining about the "Snatchy Throttle" mine was the same at first. If it's any HELP I adjusted the throttle cable up heaps so as to have very minimum freeplay & BOOM straight away noticed huge difference, throttle much smoother around town & on high speed bumpy country roads! Snatchy abrupt throttle GONE!. It was like riding a completely different bike, a much more pleasurable ride.

Cheers Zac. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome Zac, thats the first job I did on my bike when I got it home, mine didn`t have much play to start with, my bike rode lots better than the demo bike even when I picked it up. I have found though it is a bit snatchy in 2nd coming off a closed throttle, but nothing I cant live with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G'Day Zac, wow us Aussies are really growing! Welcome mate.
Thanks Redman!

I see your numberplate is GSX55 cool, mine is GSX51.

G'day Sandyman, Glad to hear yours is sorted to. You would think that dealers would have their demos better set up before allowing customers to ride them only to find a negative, when such an easy adjustment fixes the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Redman!

I see your numberplate is GSX55 cool, mine is GSX51.

G'day Sandyman, Glad to hear yours is sorted to. You would think that dealers would have their demos better set up before allowing customers to ride them only to find a negative, when such an easy adjustment fixes the problem.
Ahh so you were the one who took that plate Zac ;)... Yeh, I thought I'd do something special... Seems like we'll have fairly similar bikes then haha!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome zak ;)
I've done the same adjustment on my bike and sincerly the throttle now goes a little bit better. Not perfect like I want it, but better then like was first

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sandyman your plates sound huge in the UK? Can the plate fit on a tail tidy then? I've got a tail tidy on order for mine.

Thanks Carpmanu. Maybe a remap tune when available will be the final solution for any future throttle probs?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sandyman your plates sound huge in the UK? Can the plate fit on a tail tidy then? I've got a tail tidy on order for mine.

Thanks Carpmanu. Maybe a remap tune when available will be the final solution for any future throttle probs?
Just fitted a tail tidy on mine, plate does fit but looks big, lots of people fit small plates but there illegal here. I used to run with a small plate on some of my other bikes but got fed up being pulled by the feds all the time. it just gives them an excuse to look for other stuff like race pipes, dark visors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeztechs I just watched your video.
Have you adjusted your throttle control yet??

My bike use to be the exact same as yours over bumps UNTIL I reduced 99% of the freeplay in the throttle, made a huge diffference.

I take my GSX-S over MT Mee every Friday, less traffic so I can go alot harder, & now have no snatchy throttle at all! & Mt Mee is a lot bumpier than MT Glourious.

Also the front suspension is very stiff from new, great for my trackdays BUT as soon as I go back to road I wind out both compression & rebound damping. This will also make the throttle response a lot smoother as the front will soak up the bumps more creating less jackhammer effect back thru the bars onto your throttle grip.

Hope that helps,

Zac.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I hope in that ;)
I have heard that the MT09 had the same problem. When Yamaha has made a remap the problem is totally vanished

·
Registered
128 Posts

My bike use to be the exact same as yours over bumps UNTIL I reduced 99% of the freeplay in the throttle, made a huge diffference.

I take my GSX-S over MT Mee every Friday, less traffic so I can go alot harder, & now have no snatchy throttle at all! & Mt Mee is a lot bumpier than MT Glourious.

Also the front suspension is very stiff from new, great for my trackdays BUT as soon as I go back to road I wind out both compression & rebound damping. This will also make the throttle response a lot smoother as the front will soak up the bumps more creating less jackhammer effect back thru the bars onto your throttle grip.

Hope that helps,

Zac.
Welcome to the forum mate.

Glad to hear that removing the freeplay in the throttle improves it. I'll be doing that as soon as I get mine.

I love the run up Mt Mee, I try do that and Glorious every time I'm down that way.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just fitted a tail tidy on mine, plate does fit but looks big, lots of people fit small plates but there illegal here. I used to run with a small plate on some of my other bikes but got fed up being pulled by the feds all the time. it just gives them an excuse to look for other stuff like race pipes, dark visors.
I'm with you there Sandyman, I have the smallest legal plate on my tail tidy, custom made to be the absolute minimum spacing around the legal font. It's a fair bit narrower than the original billboard and not quite as tall.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Hope that helps,

Zac.
Yeh cheers Zacca...today it went in for its first service and I asked them to take up as much slack as they could (not that much to take up)...but as you said, yes it has improved one **** of a lot and promise not to winge anymore about it :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome from Belgium , have fun with the bike

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi from Italy :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts