GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im mat from queensland australia and today i picked up my new gsxs100

so far very happy with the bike and ill take some pics tomorrow while out on a ride

plains for the bike are tidy tail,fly screen,seat cowl,frame sliders and mirrors

still waiting for suzuki australia to release accessories but over all very happy with the bike

i belive i may be 1st in australia to own one if anyone knows of another id love to talk to them

pics soon

mat:)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Welcome!

There are a couple of peeps on here from OZ waiting to see one in the dealer so you've done well to own one already!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yow from Belgium, the other side of the planet...the good side since deliveries of the Soes started here in may 2015 :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome and well done on getting one so early! I can't even get an arrival date from my dealer. I'm also in QLD.

Where'd you buy it from?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Another Aussie. Hey dude.

You are lucky. I rang Peter Stevens Friday and they will not get them in till next week at the earliest.

Seems to be mostly banana benders here :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got mine through brisbane motorcycle centre at caboolture

it came in on thursday arvo i was up there friday arvo had most of finance sorted picked it up sat morning

just got back from 1st group ride had alot of fun

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
got mine through brisbane motorcycle centre at caboolture

it came in on thursday arvo i was up there friday arvo had most of finance sorted picked it up sat morning

just got back from 1st group ride had alot of fun
Bike looks great, the blue is really starting grow on me.

That sounds like a nice easy sale...What'd they end up charging you for it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bike looks great, the blue is really starting grow on me.

That sounds like a nice easy sale...What'd they end up charging you for it?
was a very easy sale

it was just rrp so 14k and some change

went out today with the guys from the dealership they had the red/black one out with us , its nicer then the pics do it justice but i thinks the blue is nicer and its the iconic suzuki color

if your up this way you shoud drop in and take it for a cruse

i got alot of run around for other bike shops (wont name and shame)

so marty where you from in qld?

·
Registered
128 Posts
was a very easy sale

it was just rrp so 14k and some change

went out today with the guys from the dealership they had the red/black one out with us , its nicer then the pics do it justice but i thinks the blue is nicer and its the iconic suzuki color

if your up this way you shoud drop in and take it for a cruse

i got alot of run around for other bike shops (wont name and shame)

so marty where you from in qld?
Ah cool, I'd seen that price on the Facebook post, was just interested in any dealer variations, but that's good to hear.

I'm up in Gladstone, so its a good 6-7hr drive to get down there. Though, I'm willing to make my way down to get one, if the dealer up here can't get me one in a reasonable time frame.

However, I'm hoping that since Brisbane is starting to get them in stock, the dealer up here might see one late this week

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
id say everyone will be getting them this week it seams i got very lucks and my salesman were every much on the ball and always up someone nose looking for them lol

all i can say is its SOOOOOOOOOOO worth the wait

when you get yours we will have to meet half way and go for a ride :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
id say everyone will be getting them this week it seams i got very lucks and my salesman were every much on the ball and always up someone nose looking for them lol

all i can say is its SOOOOOOOOOOO worth the wait

when you get yours we will have to meet half way and go for a ride :)
A good salesman can make the difference, especially whether or not you go back to the store.

I've got a rostered day off on friday, so maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be in by then.

Sounds like a plan, always keen to for a bike ride and meeting new riders :) The guys I ride with did a trip down to Kenilworth a week or two ago... Kenilworth on the Friday and then Mt Glorious and Mt Mee on the Saturday :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
from Kenilworth the better ride would be nambour up to montville then down to pechester then turn around and go back or head to highway and go straight back to Kenilworth

just my 2 cents lol

i did that ride today in other direction and is was i good ride with smooth roads and plenty of twisties but also nice places to see and eat at

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just had a look at that on google maps, doesn't look too bad, I haven't done that run before.

What do you think of the Maleny to Kenilworth run? There's some really nice corners that side of Kenilworth

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
never done a kenilworth run might have to give it a look and maybe got for a run

went to dealership today they told me you rang

the boys said if you bought a bike they would probably meet you half way with the work ute and swap bikes there lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
It was a nice run last time I did it, but its probably been a year since I did it last.

Yeah, they were really helpful and, the only dealer I've talked to that's actually all over getting this bike in and selling it.

If the dealer here can't give me any solid info by the end of the week, I'll be talking to the guys in brissy again and organising to come down the following weekend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys, I'm keen to get the new GSX-S, but there seems to be no blue stock around... what are your thoughts on the grey? If it were matte black I'd instantly grab it... but yeah, no blue :(

P.s. Also in Brissy, keen to join on rides once I get the bike :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got my blue one from brisbane motorcycle centre caboolture

i belive they have a red one there and there was talk of another blue one on way but dont know if its there

if your northside i can come for a ride let you look at my blue one give you and idea of color

ive seen red in person and it was a nice red but for me the blue was the only choice, ive never seen the gray but for me i like to be seen but car drives so it was only ever going to be blue or red for me

have fun
mat

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Mat,

Thanks for the offer. I've test ridden the bike already and seen all 3 colours in person. I did not like the Black & Red one bit, the red ruined it as it was a yuk red. The grey is "ok" but no where near as nice as the blue.

Looks like I'm waiting until October for the blue now :(

When it arrives we'll have to do a Brisbane Gixxus ride :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts