GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Just in the process of finalizing purchase of this machine and stumbled across this forum and thought I would join and say hi!!

From Sydney, Australia

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hello and welcome!

More info please!!! Are you going for a faired version or do you like your mistresses naked all the time? What colour?

Be sure to check back in to share your thoughts on your new toy once you've got some k's under the belt!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome!

More info please!!! Are you going for a faired version or do you like your mistresses naked all the time? What colour?

Be sure to check back in to share your thoughts on your new toy once you've got some k's under the belt!
Thank you! I bought a naked version. Purely a personal preference as I really liked the look and do most of the riding to and from work.

I bought red/black colour as it is so unusual. Should be getting it next week.

I have had Brutale 1090 up until now that unfortunately was a write off in an accident so I decided to go back to Suzuki brand!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Brutale, hope you weren't hurt/hurt too bad!

The naked in black and red is a nice looking machine!

Interested to hear a comparative between your old MV and the GSXS once you've had some seat time.

A colleague of mine had the 800cc Brutale as his daily, but a spate of technical issues had him change. He now rolls around on a Tuono.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My MV was a very sweet ride without any (well almost) issues and I am a bit worried about the snatchy throttle on Suzuki I have read about on this forum as I do daily commute.

Hopefully if it is present, I should be able to fix it under the warranty.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The throttle is 'direct', but it isn't brutal or difficult to live with. I have commuted daily on my GSXS since I picked it up last week and I don't find it a major issue at all. Im definitely getting used to it.

I'm going to have my stock ecu tuned amd see if that helps, but only because I'm chasing the silky smooth throttle response of my 'Busa and to maximise the potential of the full system I've got on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ESXBOY, maybe your bike is from the newer batch with an updated ECU? I bought mine as a demo
So in all likelyhood an original ECU

·
Registered
328 Posts
Quite possibly it is, hadn't thought of that.

If it is an issue for you, there seem to be a few ways to solve it. Ecu remap, booster plug, pcv, etc...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ESXBOY

I will see how it goes once I take the delivery and will jump off that bridge as I come to it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts