GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Went for a bit of a test ride day yesterday at the local dealer. First cab of the rank was the GSXS. Very nice. Loved it apart from the jerky throttle at low speeds. Then I took one of my dream bikes - Ducati Monster 796 (second hand with Termi's) for a go. VERY dissappointed. Then the dealer got me on the new Monster 821. Ok, but didn't super impress me. The Suzi is looking good!

Coming from a Yamaha FZ6S, I like the naked. Now to convince the wife to part with $16,000!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sounds good mate! Tell her its an investment in your well-being and happiness. Who could put a price on that? Therefore $16,000 is a bargain! :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
welcome fellow aussie

the throttle touchiness goes away with some fine tuning mine was a little funny at the start but after 1st service it was gone

when push comes to shove you have to be happy with what you buy and only you can pick that

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome! The throttle on mine isn't great, but I'm getting used to it. The rest of the bike is fantastic!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also got mine for $15 800 with 12 months rego, was pretty happy with that price after being quoted $16 490 in Brisbane.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I managed a sweet deal with mine, 15,490 with 12 months rego....haggled very nicely & also got a free first service. WINNING!!!!:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice work. Went in to see about financing options today. They haven't offered me any discount yet so $16,490-, but I'm not quite ready to haggle just yet.... They are trying to get me in the door by offering me the $500- worth of genuine accessories as part of the Suzuki 6 day sale they had going... Still to chat to the dear wife...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome guy!
I don't know if in your country $16,490 is a normal price for this bike, but in my country is out of price!!!
Here the start price is near €12.000 ($13.463) but often the dealers make discounts or give you warranty extension.
I bought mine at € 9.800 ($11.000) with 200km (it was a testride bike). Great price. I think you have to contact others dealers before to spend your $

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
carpmanu I believe these guys are talking Aussie dollars which aren't worth sh..t. 1Aud = 0.62eur :eek:

Reactions: carpmanu

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm from Orange NSW. Went to nearly every dealership in NSW & went back to my hometown dealer & they matched the lowest price I could find

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, Aussie Dollars. They used to be good! Not long ago we were 1 to 1 with the USD. We're now down to about 69cents....

RRP here is AUD$14,990- plus about $1500- dealer, and on road costs = $16,490-.

And very confusing Ian, as my name is Ian aswell!

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you decide to do the deed Sith, put the hard word on them for a deal. Under $16k should be a cinch and you might still be able to get the $500 Suzuki rebate for OEM extras.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts