GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wear Howard light ear plugs and I have sena headset, the plugs eliminate wind noise, and lets me hear the music etc.

dunno. been riding for 5 years this way. I enjoy it a lot. but I stay away from vehicles and I mind my own traffic patterns.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just a word of warning about the Cardo. I had the same unit and used it without problem on several helmets.
However when refitting the unit one day in a hurry I pressed down too hard to get it to click in to place on the stick-on mount and damaged the lip on the back.
After that it would not stay in place on any of my helmets and I had to get another.
The thing to do if it doesn't click in easily is to slightly lift the release tab while pressing down.
Helmets have different amounts of curvature which affects the stick-on type mounts and thus how flat they sit.
^ This is a good point for ease of install and to ensure it's locked in place and won't fall out while riding. I've never had mine break but did notice that it's easier to seat when you pull up on the front tab first as mentioned above, so:

1. Seat back in first.
2. Lift front tab up.
3. Push front down.
4. Release tab.
5. Confirm seated in.

Takes all of 2-3 seconds to do.

Reactions: Jams and dekker

·
Registered
596 Posts
I use the Cardo Packtalk bold with JBL speakers and I really like their sound quality and linking to my phone. Works very seamless with all my riding buddies who have the same thing. We are linked up as soon as we come into range of each other once the group has been established.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes you can take calls. I plug them directly in to my Cardo Scala. Normally have the volume on the Cardo down at minimum with auto gain enabled

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes you can take calls. I plug them directly in to my Cardo Scala. Normally have the volume on the Cardo down at minimum with auto gain enabled
If they plug right in as a replacement to the included speakers, I might be looking at these sooner than later - be nice to drown out some wind/road noise. Cool!

Curious how they are to pop in your ears when putting on the helmet... Do they just dangle with enough slack to fit them before the helmet goes on? Put them in first, then helmet, then plug into comm system? Just wondering if it's much of a struggle every time you put the helmet on (although even if it's not as simple as just helmet on and away you go - might still be worth it to save hearing long term)...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I bought a 3.5mm curly extension lead which I keep plugged in to my Cardo. I put the earplugs in, put helmet on and then plug the headphones in to the extension lead, then zip the jacket over the lead.

Best method I have found to stop any problems when putting my lid on is to pull the chin straps outwards as I put it on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Freecom 4+ Duo pack came in today. Dropped one in my helmet and gave it a try...

Gotta say, the install was pretty easy 👌 (lid's an EXO-AT950)
They sound great, but ultimate/true test won't be 'til the snow melts and the new bike arrives (if I could just hibernate and wake up in April, that would be great, lol).

Helmet Sports gear Luggage and bags Sports equipment Automotive design

Sports equipment Helmet Bicycle helmet Sports gear Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000FA
93 Posts
Cardo Freetalk 4+ is what my buddy and I use. Can go about .5-.75 miles apart and still good connectivity. The JBL headphone speakers sound great and it is easy to use. Voice commands if you prefer it(I don't use it). Voice comes in clear and can't hear any wind while talking. Just my 2 cents. I'd do a 2 pack if you can find it as it is cheaper than buying single.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Cardo Freetalk 4+ is what my buddy and I use. Can go about .5-.75 miles apart and still good connectivity. The JBL headphone speakers sound great and it is easy to use. Voice commands if you prefer it(I don't use it). Voice comes in clear and can't hear any wind while talking. Just my 2 cents. I'd do a 2 pack if you can find it as it is cheaper than buying single.
Exactly what I went with (the 2 pack as well) per my above post. Installed and tested. Audio seems really good... Have to wait for the snow to melt and the new ride to arrive at the dealer before I can really try them (with road/engine noise), but so far impressed. Your comment does add some reassurance to this though... Cheers!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts