GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to rise my gear shift a bit but couldn't loosen the second lock nut at the rear of the bike. The front lock nut is loosen easily but then I have no anchor point to loosen the second one. There's no recess to secure the end node. Anyone has any luck?

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you are talking about the linkage rod, and I'm sure you are, do keep in mind one of the ends is backwards threaded. Often times a backwards threaded nut will have a line or a dash carved into its side.

We can pretend I'm smart enough to realize this before snapping the first one I played with, cant we?

Once you break it loose, just turn the rod whatever direction to raise and lower.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This probably is the second easiest adjustment next to throttle freeplay if I realize the reversed thread nut at the first place. Thanks @rcannon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would either of you have a picture that shows the angle where the gear lever attaches to the gear box shaft when it comes from the factory. I stupidly removed it before taking a picture or marking the angle and I liked where it was.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi the front lock nut, to loosen turn anti clock wise and the rear is clock wise so fundamental looking at the arm from the side of the bike to loose turn both lock nuts in the same direction there should be no need to hold the rod initially use a 10mm open end
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, this is one of the first things I need to do when I get back on this bike in spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts