GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well I'l get the 46 rear mounted in a couple of days, see if I can yank that front up in 2nd, if not I'll have to practice the clutch method.

P.S. right now with stock gearing and the taller 200/55 rear tire, the gear ratios feel best compromise so far, just not for wheelies. I guess the taller tire would be like 1 tooth smaller in the rear. When I went with a 41 and then 43 on rear (stock rear tire size), hwy cruising was much better (lower revs) but 1st was too tall. Bottom line, the stock GSXS gear ratios suck

·
Registered
694 Posts
lower your back tire pressure a few psi as well if you start to get into the higher wheelie stages too. I keep my back tire like 29/30 psi for stand up long distance wheelies, if they are fully pumped up, its harder to keep in a straight line, the flatter the tire the more stable the tire. Was more important on the gsxr 750 due to it had a rounder tire. This tire feels a bit wider and less aggressive but still applies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The bike is geared similar to most stock 600cc super sports. Basically the performance is right on par with a 600 out bike just does those numbers differently! We are using Torque and gearing instead of crazy high revs and light weight! My last bike was a 09 R6 and they are very similar in terms of speed but the GSX-S1000 is so much better and bigger fits me like a glove!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts