GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you everyone for the info about the front wheel sensor. I knew the ABS system used that, but was not sure if it also set the speed output. I am looking into the "Vortex V3 HFR Quick Accel Chain And Sprocket Kit" with -1/+2 sprockets and a high quality 520 pitch chain. With that kit I would also need to purchase a chain breaker and rivet tool. If I just purchased 525 pitch -1/+2 sprockets could I still use the stock chain? Not sure if I would have to add links.

I purchased my 2018 GSX-S1000F new in August of this year and have put about 1800 miles on it so far. I have added EBC Double-H sintered front brake pads, K-Tech Razor-R rear shock and a Dano tune. I am fortunate to be surrounded by amazing winding mountain roads right outside my house and the GSX-S has been awesome on them. Cheers to my fellow NC riders and Happy New Decade to you all! :) - Joe

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you everyone for the info about the front wheel sensor. I knew the ABS system used that, but was not sure if it also set the speed output. I am looking into the "Vortex V3 HFR Quick Accel Chain And Sprocket Kit" with -1/+2 sprockets and a high quality 520 pitch chain. With that kit I would also need to purchase a chain breaker and rivet tool. If I just purchased 525 pitch -1/+2 sprockets could I still use the stock chain? Not sure if I would have to add links.

I purchased my 2018 GSX-S1000F new in August of this year and have put about 1800 miles on it so far. I have added EBC Double-H sintered front brake pads, K-Tech Razor-R rear shock and a Dano tune. I am fortunate to be surrounded by amazing winding mountain roads right outside my house and the GSX-S has been awesome on them. Cheers to my fellow NC riders and Happy New Decade to you all! :) - Joe

Conventional advice is to always replace all three as a set.

However, I have kept the original chain with sprocket changes many times with a low mileage original chain and never noticed any unusual wear afterwards. If you have maintained proper sprocket/chain alignment,
at 1800 miles you should be fine with no need to change links, the smaller sprocket will compensate for the larger sprocket.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Finally got around to doing something about this, got a 16 sprocket up front. Nice change, but still not enough so will order a 46 rear soon. Plus I'm somehow already running out of chain tension adjustment so the 46 will help with that.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts