GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, in one of the aftermarket mirror threads, a member posted about a bar clamp from a different model to get rid of the useless stock mirror posts.

Part # 59671-01H00, that would work on the GSXS. It was just one quick post, but I thought "interesting" and followed up on it. Even though I found "plugs" to close the mirror post threads, I always hated the way they looked. Lame.

So I thought for $35 what the **** I'll give it a try and see if they fit. Were on back-order but I just received.

The holes did not line up by a tiny bit, so I bored out the lower hole with a 11/32 drill bit and BAM! Perfect!
Really does "unclutter" the bars and looks way better.

·
Registered
340 Posts
A few weeks ago, in one of the aftermarket mirror threads, a member posted about a bar clamp from a different model to get rid of the useless stock mirror posts.

Part # 59671-01H00, that would work on the GSXS. It was just one quick post, but I thought "interesting" and followed up on it. Even though I found "plugs" to close the mirror post threads, I always hated the way they looked. Lame.

So I thought for $35 what the **** I'll give it a try and see if they fit. Were on back-order but I just received.

The holes did not line up by a tiny bit, so I bored out the lower hole with a 11/32 drill bit and BAM! Perfect!

Ditto to that. Got mine from Suzuki Parts House - Babbits online. No drilling required.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Just ordered. The black alu plug screws I bought to fill the mirror holes are turning brown. This is a much cleaner solution. Thanks Rapido1!

·
Registered
46 Posts

Tidy - what mirrors do you have fitted?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have CRG Arrows

Mike D, my dealer TMSparts.com also told me they were on back order but they arrived in 2 weeks. Or try the 59671-36500 that GSX-NH ordered

1 - 18 of 18 Posts