GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow suzukian's, just bought tickets for my better half and myself to Japan. So this got me thinking will it be cheaper to buy some goodies for the bike while i am there. I would also love to buy a leather suit for myself if it is cheaper over there. So i would appreciate if any fellow group member can shade some light on this if you are from Japan or have any idea about this, afterall we have a Japanese beast so it might be cheaper/unique product available their.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'd say it depends on the exchange rate and if you can get a load of goodies back to your country without customs going mental.
I did manage to get a 1 piece set of leathers back from Gibraltar (virtually 0% tax) back to the UK about 8 years ago saving well over £100+ clothing I think should be fine but a load of yoshi parts crammed in a suitcase might raise a few eyebrows ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hi fellow suzukian's, just bought tickets for my better half and myself to Japan. So this got me thinking will it be cheaper to buy some goodies for the bike while i am there. I would also love to buy a leather suit for myself if it is cheaper over there. So i would appreciate if any fellow group member can shade some light on this if you are from Japan or have any idea about this, afterall we have a Japanese beast so it might be cheaper/unique product available their.
I have no idea how it works but you may be able to just purchase it then post it back to your self in Aus and while your there would you mind finding me a nice low km Katana and sending it to me as their is ****e loads of them over their :)

Nick

Reactions: Dai

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say it depends on the exchange rate and if you can get a load of goodies back to your country without customs going mental.
I did manage to get a 1 piece set of leathers back from Gibraltar (virtually 0% tax) back to the UK about 8 years ago saving well over £100+ clothing I think should be fine but a load of yoshi parts crammed in a suitcase might raise a few eyebrows
Probably i try to sneakin with a full suit and might try my luck with a qshifter if any available :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea how it works but you may be able to just purchase it then post it back to your self in Aus and while your there would you mind finding me a nice low km Katana and sending it to me as their is ****e loads of them over their

Nick
I love the scooter's over there. Its amazing how a music surround system can be fitted to a scooter and works better than my home surround system.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have no idea how it works but you may be able to just purchase it then post it back to your self in Aus and while your there would you mind finding me a nice low km Katana and sending it to me as their is ****e loads of them over their :)

Nick
1982 for me please,unfortunately most are flogged out or wasted away. I considered purchasing one instead of the GSX-S but the upkeep and the availability of parts kept me at bay.

I'm sure products in Japan would be ALOT cheaper than Aus.

·
Registered
974 Posts
1982 for me please,unfortunately most are flogged out or wasted away. I considered purchasing one instead of the GSX-S but the upkeep and the availability of parts kept me at bay.

For a while they seemed to be getting imported and listed on ebay at a rate of a couple a week but it seems to have slowed down now and maybe its just the holiday period and hopefully it will pick up again soon, a GSX750S 84 would do me fine but i'll be happy with any of them Junichi sends over;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

For a while they seemed to be getting imported and listed on ebay at a rate of a couple a week but it seems to have slowed down now and maybe its just the holiday period and hopefully it will pick up again soon, a GSX750S 84 would do me fine but i'll be happy with any of them Junichi sends over
Nicka I'll keep an eye out for yea mate!! :p

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you slip one of these in your suitcase, I'll be happy to take if off your hands.

HONDA CBR250RR | 1990 | TRIKO | 15,130*km | details | Japanese used Motorcycles - GooBike Exchange

No worries on color. Can you imagine? Four cylinders, 17,000rpm redline.

To be more serious, I wonder if looking through this site might be helpful?

Motorcycle Parts & Accessories from Japan - Webike

If nothing else, it might help to get more familiar with the brands you are looking at. I know there are over 20 different exhaust manufacturers I've never heard of. This might help if you were able to find a specific brand of whatever you are looking for?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you slip one of these in your suitcase, I'll be happy to take if off your hands.

HONDA CBR250RR | 1990 | TRIKO | 15,130*km | details | Japanese used Motorcycles - GooBike Exchange

No worries on color. Can you imagine? Four cylinders, 17,000rpm redline.

To be more serious, I wonder if looking through this site might be helpful?

Motorcycle Parts & Accessories from Japan - Webike

If nothing else, it might help to get more familiar with the brands you are looking at. I know there are over 20 different exhaust manufacturers I've never heard of. This might help if you were able to find a specific brand of whatever you are looking for?
Yeah i saw this website tbh i found all the leather's price are similar to Aus with the usd convertion rate . I think it would be cheaper if i can source a local shop from there finger crossed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Need to be a bloody big suitcase,may aswell hire a private jet.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The prices on that site are horrible, I agree. Ive always used the site as a way to get the company names, then buy from the specific company.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts